The 3 vs 3 proposal
Posted in 
Tanx
The 3 vs 3 proposal
Posted in 
Tanx
The 3 vs 3 proposal
In RAZOR BLADE 55's posting "TO EVERYONE", GHOST RIDER suggested the following:

"A 3 vs 3 operation..rated...with no power ups.. (except energy...that’s a tactical weapon and should be part of any game....just as re-arming a real tank would be)
the battlefield would be 2 zones.. agreed on by the teams.. and instead of a free for all type op.. we would develop missions.. an example: capture the enemy base...." 

This is an excellent idea, rated or unrated.  Until flyordie makes creative additions to the TANX environment (if that is indeed their plan) it is up to the players and their imaginations to use TANX for all it is worth. 

I'm guessing that the 2v2 and 3v3 team games that TANK_MASTER likes are probably the first example of players creating variations on the existing TANX game. 

TANK_MASTER prefers these teaming scenarios because "You get a certain sense of battlefield bonding with your comrades".  I agree and the only way ops like these and the one Ghost suggested can succeed is if the participating players play by the rules of the scenario.  This is a good way to "separate the wheat from the chaff" in terms of those who can be honorable and sportsmanlike and those who choose not to be.

But there is most certainly a place for ops that have nothing to do with teamwork like peter01's "Last 1 Standing" scenario, where all the tanx meet in the middle of the dome where the energy is, in the classic op mode. With no teaming and no power ups, after a count of 3-2-1, everyone starts shooting each other. Last one standing is the winner".   

The possibilities are endless.  It is up to us to create them and figure out how to make them work.

A weekly forum posting of new scenarios might be good.  

Anyway, that’s all. Any positive feedback or ideas for scenarios would be welcome.

listen u should have ctfs!!!!!!!!!!!! thats great u can use covering tactics 'n' stuff
why you said my name? i dont even know you