« Back to All Topics
Tournament Runners
Posted in 
Curling
Tournament Runners
Posted in 
Curling
Tournament Runners
This has probably been mentioned several times in the past but it is an important issue. Can nothing be done about those players that get ahead early in tournaments and put the red button on. It's extremely frustrating if you could play against them but they are able to outright refuse and stay ahead of you. Especially since it is tough to get games due to the low number of competitors. It's obvious they can play if they're sitting right there. As for those that have places to be, it's understandable and they don't deserve to be disqualified. However, I think any player that stops playing early should be penalised a certain number of points, depending on the time left. That way, it should discourage runners, and level the playing field if players still decide to run. Don't get me wrong here, I'm totally in it for the fun, but it's no fun at all sitting there when you could be playing someone that is too scared to do so. 

On a final note, congrats on your win trav :)
When 2 minutes are up they can't play again if i'm right so i've seen it where someone say with 60 points does it & it backfires & someone overtakes them, that always makes me laugh.