Forums » Curling
Making Quitters Public
Replies: 52   Pages: 4   Most recent reply posted by: Chinny97 (May 23, 2010 1:40 PM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum

Back to Topic List

Replies: 52   Pages: 4   [ Go: 1 2 3 4 » ]
BJWrong

Making Quitters Public Posted: Mar 30, 2009 2:31 AM
Is there any support out there for using an external site to report abuse? On this external site we would post print screens of our games where offences took place. The print screen would provide evidence and not just hearsay. Those that care could avoid players that appear on the list. Players may become more honest to avoid appearing on the list.

The problems and frustrations that some players cause by quitting at convenient times could easily be taken care of in other ways. However the moderators and powers that be on this site do not respond to cases of abuse, or fix their broken system.

Interested to see what you all think.

netjunkie

Re: Making Quitters Public Posted: Apr 4, 2009 12:35 PM
i 100% agree with your idea. In most games i play these quitters even those they are even ahead in the game just to pad their rating which i think is just crap.Sometimes i can understand when your computer freezes up but this is just getting out of hand already.

NinjaNed

Re: Making Quitters Public Posted: Apr 10, 2009 11:05 PM
I hate it when people quit it ruins the point of even starting the game. I guess it's because I really don't mind losing.

Krabzs

Re: Making Quitters Public Posted: Apr 29, 2009 12:30 PM
I tried to publish runners here in forum. Others too started to put runners in this post but later this post was deleted here.......

Micky A

Re: Making Quitters Public Posted: Jun 21, 2009 9:32 AM
Agghhh

Why do people on here keep quitting when they have taken their last shot, are loosing, and stand to loose another point after your last shot!

It is often done so that they can safe guard their rating points, how about giving them penalty points for quitting early? Its just so annoying.

calodanie

Re: Making Quitters Public Posted: Jul 19, 2009 6:08 PM
I think it is a very good idea, and I for one will be happy to provide some of those screen prints. Quitting issues are annoying, I agree, but verbal abuse can be extremely upsetting.

If the moderators don't think it is a good idea to have a system in place to punish it, though, then maybe the site is not worth visiting... Until my mind is made, here do I find that list??

Xalt3266

Re: Making Quitters Public Posted: Sep 20, 2009 11:11 PM
why even waste your time reporting people? It is just a game! and if they quit on you, ya get the points anyways?

snella

Re: Making Quitters Public Posted: Nov 24, 2009 1:09 PM
Thats the problem Xalt, one can quit before last stone and only lose 1 point. Just now I had an easy takeout to get 5, but just as he saw I was making it he quit to only have me get 1. With him scoring 4 the first end, he wound up gaining rate and I lost.

Making public is a good idea. Still to get to the root of the problem, there has to be a way to see to that the one quitting the end under no surcomstances loses less rate than he would by not quitting. It's just so plain obvious when it happens during last the last rock. Ugh! Frustration!

lwilczek

Re: Making Quitters Public Posted: Dec 4, 2009 1:53 PM
I should be like when someone quits before throwing the last stone in the current end he is loosing this end 8:0... this would make them think before running like a child...

maybe they can make each player a profile where you can find statistics about games played and games quited before ending...

ausbro

Re: Making Quitters Public Posted: Dec 6, 2009 8:14 PM
had a player quit after one shoot
its extremely fustrating dealing with all the quitters

mj moose

Re: Making Quitters Public Posted: Dec 8, 2009 9:12 PM
I would like to see the game locked in for 5 ends if any one leaves early there stones expire keep throwing your stones add ratings till the 5th end is over and end of game or oposition returns to play

lewisskip

Re: Making Quitters Public Posted: Dec 15, 2009 6:02 PM
-Standard- quits after boosting his rating.

If the mods delete this, they clearly do not care about making their game more enjoyable for users.

mj moose

Re: Making Quitters Public Posted: Dec 18, 2009 8:37 PM
Its getting pretty bad when the guests walk away when there is still 4 shots to play whats up with the game designers ? dont they care about there work to program a game and then let a bunch of no minds ruin for every one else that wants to play it as it is ment to be played a waist of programers time

ausbro

Re: Making Quitters Public Posted: Jan 10, 2010 10:53 PM
this game needs to change the way players ratings are determined from ends won to games won
i'm sick of quitters running away to perserve their rating after 1 or 2 ends

bakkenboy

Re: Making Quitters Public Posted: Jan 10, 2010 11:03 PM
theyre trying but havent gone for enough yet

Replies: 52   Pages: 4   [ Go: 1 2 3 4 » ]

Back to Topic List      Top of the page