« Back to All Topics
Making Quitters Public
Posted in 
Curling
Making Quitters Public
Posted in 
Curling
Making Quitters Public
Is there any support out there for using an external site to report abuse? On this external site we would post print screens of our games where offences took place. The print screen would provide evidence and not just hearsay. Those that care could avoid players that appear on the list. Players may become more honest to avoid appearing on the list. 

The problems and frustrations that some players cause by quitting at convenient times could easily be taken care of in other ways. However the moderators and powers that be on this site do not respond to cases of abuse, or fix their broken system. 

Interested to see what you all think.

i 100% agree with your idea. In most games i play these quitters even those they are even ahead in the game just to pad their rating which i think is just crap.Sometimes i can understand when your computer freezes up but this is just getting out of hand already.
I hate it when people quit it ruins the point of even starting the game. I guess it's because I really don't mind losing.
I tried to publish runners here in forum. Others too started to put runners in this post but later this post was deleted here.......
Agghhh

Why do people on here keep quitting when they have taken their last shot, are loosing, and stand to loose another point after your last shot!

It is often done so that they can safe guard their rating points, how about giving them penalty points for quitting early?  Its just so annoying.
I think it is a very good idea, and I for one will be happy to provide some of those screen prints. Quitting issues are annoying, I agree, but verbal abuse can be extremely upsetting.

If the moderators don't think it is a good idea to have a system in place to punish it, though, then maybe the site is not worth visiting... Until my mind is made, here do I find that list??
why even waste your time reporting people? It is just a game! and if they quit on you, ya get the points anyways? 
Thats the problem Xalt, one can quit before last stone and only lose 1 point. Just now I had an easy takeout to get 5, but just as he saw I was making it he quit to only have me get 1. With him scoring 4 the first end, he wound up gaining rate and I lost.

Making public is a good idea. Still to get to the root of the problem, there has to be a way to see to that the one quitting the end under no surcomstances loses less rate than he would by not quitting. It's just so plain obvious when it happens during last the last rock. Ugh! Frustration!
I should be like when someone quits before throwing the last stone in the current end he is loosing this end 8:0... this would make them think before running like a child...   

maybe they can make each player a profile where you can find statistics about games played and games quited before ending...
had a player quit after one shoot
its extremely fustrating dealing with all the quitters
I would like to see the game locked in for 5 ends if any one leaves early there stones expire keep throwing your stones add ratings till the 5th end is over and end of game or oposition returns to play
-Standard- quits after boosting his rating.

If the mods delete this, they clearly do not care about making their game more enjoyable for users.
Its getting pretty bad when the guests walk away when there is still 4 shots to play whats up with the game designers  ? dont they care about there work to program a game and then let a bunch of no minds ruin for every one else that wants to play it as it is ment to be played a waist of programers time
 this game needs to change the way players ratings are determined from ends won to games won
 i'm sick of quitters running away to perserve their rating after 1 or 2 ends 
theyre trying but havent gone for enough yet
I played someone with the game name of

xicodache this evening and he ran after 1 end 

you might want to remember his game name and avoid him
just played a izucha20 a 400+ rating he han like frightened chicken after 1 end
just played a izucha20 a 400+ rating he ran like frightened chicken after 1 end
I too curled my first 3 games with the following SMB 2010, Gess and recently CSONGIKA and all 3 left after the first end. The last player scored a point to lead and left. Frustrating to say the least! 

Just played a Spastic Walrus, rating 14, who scored one in the first and quit.

It's bad enough he quit, it's worse that he got points for something that is bad in real curling.
i latley have come across so many runners i cant even post all theri names. it seems like almost half the people i play only 1 end before leaving. it is my opinion that this is gtting ridicouless
iT ALWAYS A BIT UNFAIR BUT ALL YOU GOT TO DO IS JOIN FLYAND DIE ITS NOT EXPENSIVE 
How to Make a Screenshot
Players are encouraged to report any activity, which breaches the rules for using the games, by sending screenshots to the moderators. 

Capture an image of your screen.
Press ALT + "Print Screen" on your keyboard. It is sometimes labeled PrtScrn. Doing this copies an image of the screen into the Windows clipboard. Alternatively, you may use a screen capture program.

Open up an image editing program. 

Paste the image into the editor. This is most often done by using the Paste option on the Edit menu, but can vary from editor to editor. Alternatively, you may need to open the image file if your capture method saved the image to disk. 

Save the image in JPG, GIF or PNG format. We prefer JPG but accept any of the three. 

When saved, check the size of the file. It should be about 200k or less. If not, try adjusting the compression settings. Usually about 10 percent compression is enough with the JPG format.

You're done! 

Submit it here!

© FlyOrDie Games 
Hi, I would like to report Maiochi.  Played him this evening.  I won the first end and led after the first five ends.  I then made a silly mistake allowing him to take a lead after six.  Without warning he quit, was back in the lobby and playing someone else in under one minute.  For this I lost 10 rating points to a pretty bad player who got lucky one end.  

Please keep this players name in mind.  He will fleece you. 
What do people mean, join, its not expensive?  We aren't already joined?  What would joining do to solve this proble?
schustadaman

Informed him at the very start of the game i will only play 10enders and he agreed.

5 ends in 4-3 to myself and i grab another 2pts to make it 6-3 and he hightails it out of there

AVOID AT ALL COSTS
when you become a member they cant run from the  game there locked in at a set number of ends
how do u become a member moose?
Prima Vista used the Hammer in the 1st End to take a point and quit.
go to curling home page and click the extra feature box that says subscribe on the right side of the window
 mvh1:
there are two kind of members:
 - simple registered members, everyone is a registered member who has a nickname, being registered is free, you can play the game as a registered member

- subscribed members, which is a kind of a paid membership. Subscribed members have some extra benefits, e.g. they can set the number of ends for a match.

OP

baandyraski ran after 1 end (he had hammer)
bozzy_08 ran after scoring ONE point in the first end. Not only is he a runner, but if real life curling had a rating system he would have lost points. Taking one with hammer should not be rewarded.
Spiderstone just did the same thing.
kakurri ran before finish end !!!
osmark next runner!!!!!qout before end was finish!!!!banned runners all!!!!
next runner is argjent... ran before finish end...
runners:

I think runners are players that leave during an END. If you leave after 6 ends i dont see a problem (except he promised to play 10). There is a chat function and you can talk to your opponent to find the number of ends both players agree to play. If you want to play 10 ends in every game, subscribe and set the number of ends to 10.

scoring one with the hammer:

Normally it is not good to score one with the hammer, of course. But for example with a score 8-8 after 9 ends you would be a fool to go for 2 with the hammer, your opponent should not have any possibility to steal one. In that case scoring one with the hammer is very good, it is the game winning point.

During a normal game of more ends both players have the hammer. So when your opponent scores one with the hammer and gets points for that it is the same for you. You also get points for scoring one with the hammer.

A couple of minutes ago I played someone with a rating of about 110. He had the hammer in the first end and I was able to steal 2. The next end he scored 2 and it was 2-2. I was looking forward to playing an end with the hammer now. But my opponent left.

That's the only thing I would suggest to change. If the number of ends is not set by a player there could be a rule, that both players should have had the hammer. Exception could be that the weaker player has not scored yet though having the hammer.
Moulin Rouge another runner!!!!
zteinex scored 3 in the first end and ran.
curlbob and RandomGuy19, both runners.
Moulin Rouge scored 2 in the first end with the hammer and left.
Barca666 scored one in the first and ran.
I'm kinda new here. I love curling. Quitting happens to me everyday, in an enormous number and I lose rating hardly conquered playing with honest no quitters people. 
That´s what I'll do: play some more days and if quitters are not banned or the rating system altered, I'll just leave the site for good.
My suggestion is pretty simple: one who leaves the lane with a point difference smaller then the lasting ends, loses rating significantly. Of course, there are times that the connections just fails. This would be easy to solve just watching player history.
I don't believe that ethical and honest persons who REALLY matters to the sponsors will support this much more time. The guys on FlyOrDie are making trash of a great idea.
Hey... I'm in full agreement, jabk just agreed to 5 and ran (see screenshot)after 3... it's just poor sportsmanship.  Glad to be able to say I've met a lot of really nice people here but the runners are a waste of time.  (oops can't post pics?)
Yes, show me the URL!!! Capital Idea.
erto20 is a runner and a cryer. He floods the games with posts of runners and a**holes etc... what a poor sport he is.
vanhassan will run after 1 end with the hammer.
Add   "Ken Lazio" to this list of pathetic runners... 
smoke57 leaves before you can make your last shot for extra points