« Back to All Topics
PRAISE PLAYERS THAT PLAY THE GAME AS A GAME
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS TIME TO THANK ALL PLAYERS WHO PLAY THE COMPLETE GAME AND NOT RUN BECAUSE THERE ADDICTED TO THERE RATINGS.
 RUN AS COWARDS A COMPLETE GAME IS 10 ENDS IF YOU WANT TO RUN WARN THE OTHER PLAYER 2 ENDS BEFORE YOU QUIT BE A SPORTSMAN NOT A CHEAT NOBODY  LIKES A CHEAT. jUST PLAYED CIPU66 I RECOMMEND HIM AS A EXCELLANT APONENT AND A SPORTSMAN. iF YOU HAVE ANY ONE YOU WISH TO GIVE A PLAYERS BOUQUET PLEASE SHARE IT WITH OTHER PLAYERS ON THIS SITE NO COMPLAINERS PLEASE.
Not all people like to play a full 10 ends.  And how is it cheating if they leave early??  Everyone should be able to select how many ends they would like to play or have a room dedicated to however many ends like Room 1 - 2 ends, Room 2, 4 ends etc.  Just because someone leaves, doesn't mean they just worry about their points.  
when they leave a game without giving notice its cheating period
I don't agree you period.  I enjoy playing 2-3 ends with someone and playing someone new.  Whats the point playing one person to ten ends and waste an hour??
why quit a game without notice thats cheating
>why quit a game without notice thats cheating

No, it is not. There is no rule on FOD saying you have to 
tell
 an opponent when you are going to leave after a game. What you are doing is creating your own rules that you think people should abide by. No matter how much you argue it is not cheating because it's FlyOrDie who creates the rules.

It happens on all FOD games, people leave after 1 game of pool/snooker (When some people expect best-of-3 all the time), same goes for many of the other games. People often don't want to play more than 1 game or don't have the time, it's just something that will always happen on here. It may be unsportsmanlike/impolite but it is not cheating ;) 
>>when they leave a game without giving notice its cheating period

No it's not.  No rule states that you cant leave a game without giving notice.  Happens in all the games on FOD.
i CONCEDE MY ARGUEMENT THERE IS NO CURLING RULE AT FOD THAT STATES A FIXED NUMBER OF ENDS 
Thank you!! :) Your big ego got you that time. 
There may be no rule, but it is still poor sportsmanship. If you don't want to play 10 ends, then simply state how many you wish to play at the beginning. Most people honour that. Some don't, right GREGCURLINGNFLD??
 Curling has always been an horouble game play with good sportsmanship...not ratings points
Than what was the point in signing up????  You should just be a guest.  Would you like to give me all your points???  Didn't think  so.  Get your head on straight.
there you telling me that your ratings are more importent than playing a fair game and cheating to get them whats next curling from a jail cell
If you need to have my points, you can have them. The Curlers on this site know they don't mean much anyway. Why should I lose points for forcing you to take 1 with hammer? But that doesn't matter, because poor sports like you take off as soon as you no longer have hammer anyway. you have no honour.

i agree to a point. i have very rarely played all 10 ends. so i do not agree with that. But yes u should not leave after 1 end just because u have the hammer and beat somebody just to gain points.
I agree 100%. Sometimes though we have to leave a game because of time restraints!!!
should have a league for runners in canada we dont run right
While it might not be "cheating," playing only one end when you have the hammer is definitely poor sportsmanship.