Forums » Curling
Time to "out" the Runners
Replies: 180   Pages: 13   Most recent reply posted by: EveMuirhead (Jun 8, 2013 10:36 AM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum

Back to Topic List

Replies: 180   Pages: 13   [ Go: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13  » ]
OhCanada

Time to "out" the Runners Posted: May 24, 2010 10:02 PM
In addition to sending screenshots to the Moderators, fellow curlers may be interested in a site I learnt about today - http://www.RunningCurlers.com
You can upload screenshots there, even if only to make you feel better!

bakkenboy

Re: Time to "out" the Runners Posted: May 25, 2010 4:11 AM
how do you know if the player is going to be a runner to take a screen shot you cant make out the yellow streek down there backs

JIMMYMAC2

Re: Time to "out" the Runners Posted: May 25, 2010 12:03 PM
PEOPLE ARE ENTITLED TO RUN IF THEY WANT WHO ARE YOU TOO SAY HOW MANY GAMES PEOPLE PLAY ........RUNNER

MarkWallisburgh

Re: Time to "out" the Runners Posted: Jun 7, 2010 9:49 AM
mistress1 is a runner. As soon as she gets the lead she leaves.

MarkWallisburgh

Re: Time to "out" the Runners Posted: Jun 7, 2010 12:09 PM
KIFF is a runner too. 1st end with the hammer, then gone. His playing history is filled with 1 enders.

OPERATOR

Re: Time to "out" the Runners Posted: Jun 7, 2010 12:33 PM
Why don't you set the number of ends to a number you wish to play?

OP

MarkWallisburgh

Re: Time to "out" the Runners Posted: Jun 7, 2010 12:40 PM
I was asked to play, I did, I saw a runner and decided to make him known for that. No sweat.

OPERATOR

Re: Time to "out" the Runners Posted: Jun 7, 2010 1:03 PM
There are players who want to play only 1 end.
There are players who want to play 2 ends.
There are players who want to play more ends.
There are players who ....

Sometimes players from these different groups meet, but this is no reason to call the other party a "runner", which has quite a negative tone imho.

We have added quite a few features which helps you find an opponent with similar expectations in terms of gameplay, so it's up to you to find one.

If you accept a challenge for a match with no preset number of ends, it means that the match will finish as soon as one of you quits. It does not make any of you better or worse.

OP

MarkWallisburgh

Re: Time to "out" the Runners Posted: Jun 7, 2010 2:48 PM
So if you and I were to start a match and agree on 4 ends, then I leave after scoring a point with the hammer in the first end... that's fair, honest and sportsmanlike?

You are clearly a person of importance here and I am clearly not, so I don't want to upset you but it's sort of like lying and that's a very annoying trait people seem to have.

If it's upsetting to people to be "outted" as runners... I guess they should keep their word and not... run. I've agreed to 1 enders before and don't mind losing 20-0 to an honest/ fair person. There are some wonderful people on this site but they are far out numbered by the rude people.

Like I said, it's no sweat off my nose and I plan on subscribing when my new pc gets here... but if you want me to stop posting in these kinds of threads, that's no sweat either.

Have a good day.

OPERATOR

Re: Time to "out" the Runners Posted: Jun 7, 2010 7:34 PM
"start a match and agree on 4 ends"

that is exactly why a feature that allows you to set the number of ends has been implemented, in order to avoid such "misunderstandings".

So why not use it?

You might not need it obviously against players that you already know and trust, but it can help much against unknown players.

Just an advice...

OP

MarkWallisburgh

Re: Time to "out" the Runners Posted: Jun 8, 2010 11:47 PM
Sometimes I have trouble getting players to play vs. me so I can't choose a number of ends.

manux5 asked a player to play 10 ends and ran after the first end.

I checked his history and out of his last 10 ends he had 8 opponents. I have to assume he ran on all of them. A guy came in to watch the game too and he mentioned it. manux5 is a runner..... yes?

Like I said, just posting names to help others avoid "poor sports".

mj moose

Re: Time to "out" the Runners Posted: Jun 9, 2010 2:15 AM
only way to fix runners is to have games locked in for a minium of 6 ends

MarkWallisburgh

Re: Time to "out" the Runners Posted: Jun 9, 2010 2:26 AM
that may be a minimum of 45 minutes... 2 or 4 ends even for guest would be a help.

MuddyD

Re: Time to "out" the Runners Posted: Jun 9, 2010 7:58 AM
Personally, I would set it at 2.
Having a subscription and/or having been a user long enough to pre-select the number of ends makes a huge difference. Previously, I commonly had episodes similar to the one Oh-Canada had with BreamBoy, posted at http://www.RunningCurlers.com

If the number of ends hasn't been pre-selected, I wouldn't object to opponents leaving whenever they like. If, however, players agree to play a certain number of ends I think this is quite different. "BreamBoy" agreed with OhCanada to play 4-ends then scuttled away after 1, triumphantly bragging about his 1-0 win.

The cost of an annual subscription (~17GBP or ~20USD) is well worth it to guarantee avoiding players such as BB. And no; FlyOrDie didn't pay me to post this!

OPERATOR

Re: Time to "out" the Runners Posted: Jun 9, 2010 9:14 AM
"to have games locked in for a minium of 6 ends"

Well, you can do it for yourself...

If there is no other (or not many) player who wants to play a minimum of 6 ends, then why should this be enforced for all? If there is such a player, then it would be obvious to choose that player as your opponent, wouldn't it.

OP

Replies: 180   Pages: 13   [ Go: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13  » ]

Back to Topic List      Top of the page