Premier League of Curling.
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
MuddyD has inspired me.

Will give you all further details when I have them but this will work on a league basis with 8 people in 8 leagues (64 places) the top 2 will advance to a last 16 knockout to crown the Premier League Champion.

If you're interested, post your Nickname, e-mail address, time zone and also your current rating, so if I want to seed the tournament, I can.

Thanks,

Mikey.
Alright, here's how this is going to work.

We'll play 6 ends to start off with. After the six ends have been played,  if the scores are tied, an extra end will be played to decide the winner of the match. In the event of the extra end being tied due to all stones being off the rink, the extra end will be replayed until a winner is found. 

So, as I mentioned in my last post, there are 64 spaces available. I will split this into 8 groups of 8 and try to keep to time zones as best as possible. This means you have 7 games, and you will have 7 weeks to play them. After this stage is complete, we will have the top 4 of each group advancing to the last 32, where we will have 8 groups of 4, with the top 2 advancing to the last 16. 

There will then be one straight knockout round where we will cut the field down to 8. In the last 8, we will play best of 3 matches, 5 ends each. In the last 4, we will also play best of 3 matches, but at 6 ends each. Then the final will be contested as a best of 5 match, 6 ends each. Obviously more time would be given to play these. 

During the group stages, in the event of a tie I will turn to shot difference, if both players that I am deciding between have the same shot difference, then they will play a 2-end deciding match to see who advances. 

I know, this is clearly a long process, but I want it to last a long time.   

I will throw my name into group A to start things off.

Mikey T95
mikeyt95@hotmail.com
GMT Time Zone
Current Rating: 120

Hello could I join this, 

D.Murdoch 134
mr_snedden@btinternet.com
Scotland!!
Group now looks like this

D. Murdoch
Hitman_

I will keep myself out of this group for now, I may join but running it will be a huge task in itself. 
Two more added to the group 

D.Murdoch
Hitman_
Osmark
Deejay30
cmc2209
craig.mcnaughton@blueyonder.co.uk
Scotland
New list for group A

Hitman_
Osmark
D.Murdoch
Cmc2009
indejaus
Deejay30

Will e-mail all of you in the morning with the information for the match schedule.
Gergor
PST (GMT +8:00)
gregmoulds@shaw.ca
normally play at lunch (GMT - 20:00)
Result from Group A - 

D.Murdoch 11
hitman_   8
superstar.
igorhan2011@yandex.com
russij 
Im in!
km-for@hotmail.com

i am mountain standard time here in alberta
Hey guys

As I confirmed cantcurls entry a while ago, he has been entered into group A. Superstar, you are the first name in Group B. 
bajo33
strunicki@gmail.com
GMT Time Zone(-1)
Current Rating: 150
m j moose canada saskatchewan rating 90
m.jmoose@yahoo.com central time 
Group B:

Bajo 33 
mj moose
superstar.
Result to confirm..

D.Murdoch - 4

Indjaus -7

after 6 ends
So when can we curl again, I am good for the next few hours for sure if someone else is?  will try back in an hour maybe
Hi cantcurl, you can play games whenever you like, no need to stick to the schedule, just keep the results coming :)

Best wishes,

Mikey.
Hey Curlers,

I will be logging in to Room 4 on the hour for next few hours to see if anyone is around for a game  just look for cantcurl  Thanks!
Today cantcurl beat osmark 8-4 in 6 ends
I am challenging both cmc2009 & gergor,

Could you tell me when you wanna play our match please..?

Cheers
Hitman 4
Gergor 3
after extra end.

Hitman had great 2 steals

Will be in Room 4 for the next few hours on the hour if i havent played you yet>>>have played Indejaus, osmark and D.murdoch
I have contacted my apponents on the forum and have had no responce (what next? )
Hi mj,

As soon as the group is full, I will send an e-mail out with all of your e-mail addresses attached, e-mail them and see if you get a response.
maxgilling@hotmail.com team nl rating 33
new email address  for mj moose
grrhumphries@gmail.com

dandoo, vernfecteau@hotmail.com, interested in playing

Group B updated

Bajo 33 
mj moose
superstar.
team nl
calexanders
dandoo
mj moose ==== grrhumphries@gmail.com
who ever in group B is up for a match email a date and time and we will work somthing out. 

Thak-You Team NL
Hi guys,

Still need 2 more to complete Group B, entries would be appreciated, otherwise i'll enter myself again.

Mikey.
cmc beat cantcurl.....had to leave but he was killing me anyway....lol
Will be in room 4 tomorrow morning and top of every hour for part of day, have to curl a few of you still so try to find me or get in touch my email is km-for@hotmail.com
I could join this one also.
erno_
ekoliseva@hotmail.com
232 atm
Hi there,

Group B is complete and Group C is now ready to join, so please get your entries in.

Have a nice day!

Mikey.
Mrbillbillbill
wlyoung@shaw.ca
CST 
Rating 61

Hi guys,

I've been taking a break from fly or die but i'm now back, so sign up for Group C, you know you want to :)

Group B, E-mail coming your way.
I'd like to join Group C

batchdawg
batchdawg@yahoo.ca
Canada -- Eastern Time
avg rating: 120
Jennifer  Jones
willgmabbett@gmail.com
pacific time zone
rating 35
Hey guys, 

Still looking for entries, keep 'em coming!
How is it going? Not sure I want to join, too much homework.
Talent1
hi, would like to join too :)
Name: dioxyd
Rating: about 130
vancitywop
szenone13@hotmail.com
Pacific Canada timezone
75 rating