« Back to All Topics
A "petition" to FlyOrDie Curling?
Posted in 
Curling
Posted in 
Curling
Let me make it clear that I have no relationship with FlyOrDie - other than as a subscriber. I give them money - not the other way round.

I have received suggestions about how the ratings system could be improved:

Games with players who are at least 200 points away in the ratings, should be handled like games with guests. So neither the ends would be counted nor the wins/points.
The benefits are
a) for the players: no more cheating, no more transporting, and more relaxed games against much better/worse players
b) for FlyOrDie: no more complaining, no more banning

When I play, I generally play against those who are less than 25% above or below me in the ratings. I would dearly love to play with (not against) those with "high ratings"; but I can fully understand why they tell me to "butter off". GG!

I fully agree with the sentiment expressed above - but my own suggestion is that points get awarded only if the two players are within 25% of the rating of the higher rated player.

For discussion folks - either here or on my own little used curling forum at:

http://www.RPDforums.net

Registration there is free - and Dee who administers it is Mee!

Hello over there,

I second the suggestion, only games with players within 200 rating points should be counted.

I'm sure, in this way we could get shot of most of the cheaters; I hope, some of the players, who had enough of this dishonest attitudes, would come back again.

Btw, I also suggest a mandatory identification of multi-nick players. To me it's ok to have two or more nicks, I just want to know that, or rather I'd like to be able to identify them, whilst transporting points.

Nice regards,
HGT

PS: The 25% rule can't work, because for most players the pool of permitted opponents would be too small: a player with 100 rating points could only play with players rated from 75 to 133.

Yes very good idea hope someone listens to you gl
Nice idea, i know FOD have at any game same system but i hope too we can together make some change here for good.
Cheers JohhnyHR
YES THE POINTS SYSTEM IS THE SAME ACROSS ALL THE DIFFERENT FLYORDIE GAMES, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT CANNOT BE TWEAKED A LITTLE BIT. IN EVERY GAME SADLY THERE ARE A SMALL AMOUNT OF PLAYERS WHO TRY TO MANIPULATE THE SYSTEM, AND IT IS IN FLYORDIE'S INTERESTS TO COMBAT THIS WHENEVER POSSIBLE.

GOOD LUCK WITH IT.

:)
Hello HGT

"The 25% rule can't work, because for most players the pool of permitted opponents would be too small: a player with 100 rating points could only play with players rated from 75 to 133.

My suggestion was that a player with 100 rating points, (such as me!) 
could
 play someone with 400 points. The only difference being that no matter the result, my points would still be 100, and my "opponent" would still be guaranteed 400.He/se might be more willing to play me!
I don't understand why this wouldn't work.

MuddyD 
I too support the proposed changes.
Yes, it is definitely too easy for high ratet players to improve their rating by playing against much lower rated players.

Is it possible for FOD to record the IP addresses for disallowing being logged in with more than one Nick ?
I guess there`s no problem borrowing your 5 best friends computer, and making multiple nicknames with 5 diffrent IP adresses. Its very easy too cheat anyway. The best thing is: Playing the people you trust, and are here on a regular basis. I would only play them. If you meet someone who has 300 points in 75 games, then you know they have another nickname. Otherwise i agree with the above. FOD dont give a flying f%& :)
i think its very weird,that most off the players that react here,are part off the problem 
So Dont be silly :)guys:)
sally need def REHAB,poor naughty girl(K),lol

But how these changes you propose would stop cheating? If someone is using multiplie IPs to get points, you can't stop him... And if you want to know who is the best player just join a tournament that Muddy is organising.
Is it possible for FOD to record the IP addresses for disallowing being logged in with more than one Nick?

Yes - but they don't.

Unfortunately it is not as simple as one user = one ip

Btw, there is no rating change if two players are from the same ip, even if they can be in the same room at the same time.
Hi Operator,
Thank you for your interest. We are trying to help - honest. Some players share an IP address - but they are, of course, "husband and wife". 
Are there any IP addresses which have more then two Nicks? No names - but I know that there are!!!

Kind Regards,

MuddyD 
Now you are missing the point Muddy, like Operator wrote it is impossible to cheat using multiplie nicks but with the same IP.
Agreed - but you can sit with two computers side by side, one with one IP address and the other with a different one. Some sad people do it!

The original suggestion was that if two players have very different ratings, then no points get awarded if they play.

Comments?
I agree it is a good idea, but I have nothing against people playing low raters, just don't see it as such a big problem.
Look guys all players that complaining here are the so called top players,and you are part off the problem because you have manny nicks to keep up your rating
I hope Operater we realy find a solution because in the beginning there where manny more players playing curling,and now there only a handfull,with multiple nicks
If we dont get a fair point system i think curling is ready to DIE:(
Help operator help!!!
leave it like it is it works and is fair to all if a lower rated plays a higher rated player and wins he is awarded for it with extra points play and get good at the game and you also can be a higher rater 
You call it as ''cheating'' when player is playing against a lot weaker players? Thats just silly, there is no other programs used to get some opportunity against opponent. If u play against lower player u get lower point and can loose more, thats how it works.
could someone explain how having multpul nick's raizes ones score?