« Back to All Topics
Can't predict shots
Posted in 
Curling
Can't predict shots
Posted in 
Curling
Can't predict shots
whatever has been done to the game in the last week needs to be fixed. No shots are predictable. They start wide at times and thin at others. Sometimes the very same setup results in two very different shots. The last end I played which will be the very last. I played two takeout shots. The 1st started to the left by a stone and a half broke over hard and missed the target at the T line inside, started sweeping late because I saw the break. The 2nd I started 3/4 stones width outside and it didn't break at all. It went straight to my mark and cut the target stone into the button where I wanted it out. WTF? I can't place a stone anywhere. I have been on a 70 point skid. I quit. Oh. And the dam n full motion ads interfere with brushing and screw up my power selection. Especially Nike. I am tired of bowling through or missing the hog line when I am trying to touch something in. AAAArrrrgggHHHH!@!!!!
Full power = not good precision, so server changes your aiming randomly.

Try to play some curling instead of bowling throws.

Everyone needs practice to play good curling.

If you want play an easy game, you should try with dice, no need skillz.

:)

> Full power = not good precision, so server changes
> your aiming randomly.

Interesting. Could you please elaborate?

Thank you.

c²
I don't play bowlers or takeouts often. I despise people who do. I play a lot of draws and bumps. I am having an issue where shots are not starting on the line I put them on. It seems that for no explainable reason shots are staying wide when played to the right and overdraw when played to the left.

For those have never curled the real game ,Thats how the game goes .In the real game the stone will pick up debree on the ice serfice and totally change tigectury or stop short ,its called a (pick)or one stone will be sharper then its mate and act differently .Different thing will effect stones curl poor delivery ,ice serfice, tempertature of the atmosphere around ,dirty ice serfice ,straight spots in the ice the stone won,t curl .The programers are making it more realistic . So if there has been a change leave it makes for a more realistic game .I would like to see diferent games act a little different.So a player has to adjust his play to the game .
the limit of video game design is what kind of feedback can be given to the player.  I don't believe what I am experiencing is by design. I know from the moment the shot leaves, it is off line. 

What you are saying is the software just arbitrarily decided, "you are going to miss now." At least if the effort is to include some inaccuracy the miss should be to the inside so at least I can have a chance to brush it back on line. Still missing the line is completely unfair. Mess with the weight or the late curve, but not the launch line.

Just as a side note. My java applet and browser updated yesterday and I don't seem to have the problem anymore. At least today I lost because of better play from my opponent. 
At the club levels players are often 50% on there's shot making. At the olympic levels you'll see 75-95%... 

That's the point. No one is perfect. You can line up a shot, throw the same weight, hit the broom and still miss in curling.

The effects portrayed in this video game don't mimic real curling but, they are variances the Online-Curler needs to handle. 

Maybe lag did it? I dunno. Either way, the most skillful survive and part of the skill is dealing with variances in either offline, real curling, or online curling.

For instance... When the weather gets warm, at my Curling club some sheets of ice have negative curl. You actually have to put the opposite turn to the way you're curling if you want to make a more predictable shot, otherwise the rock takes off in the wrong direction or massively over curls.

It's not good curling by any means, but IT IS curling. 
Cannot do aqngles,doubles ,triples,raises any more,only play tap game,no fun,shuffle board