Posted in 
Curling
Omer54 leaves final end early to save points
Posted in 
Curling
Omer54 leaves final end early to save points
I just finished a 2-end game with 
Omer54
. He scored 1 in the 1st end. I threw a peel shot with hammer in second game that should have given me 4 points, 
Omer54
 left early giving me only 1. I have a screenshot image to verify this outcome. I tried posting it at the "running curlers" site, but was unable to get that site to load.
In my mind this is the worst kind of poor sportsmanship and is not at all typical of good curling etiquette. Omer54 was sitting with 1 point prior to my peel and he should accept the rating point loss as a part of the game.
agree that sportsmanship is lacking on this site,but kudos to those that play with it
I hate it when people do that but there isn't really that much we can do about it
Minimum penalty for quitting a game has been raised to 2 points.
Also, the game will try to detect the situation described above and add more points if it finds appropriate.

Leaving before/during the last delivery in order to distort match result IS unsportsmanlike behavior and as such qualifies for point reset / ban.
(see "Rules of Use" 2. Cheating)
DEVELOPER...

Wouldn't 8 points make more sense?  Since theoretically a player could have a chance for 8.  I've had several instances where a guy has left a meatball hanging out there for 6, 7 and , yes, even 8....then left before I could throw.  There's no reason not to make it 8...it would take an extra 10 seconds for the guy to stick around.
Two is the _minimum_. It can be 8, though, in such situations.
If it was 8 in ALL cases, it would be not fair for those who disconnect unintentionally (due to technical problems).

OP