« Back to All Topics
Time
Posted in 
Curling
Time
Posted in 
Curling
Time
I think 4:00 a player should be the limit. I like the 1min interval as well, you should be able to take as long as you want really. But with 4:00 you only get 30 seconds on average per rock, which is fair. The first few rocks usually take 2 seconds to get the shot off, no thinking time.

It's only because, time is never a factor in this game, this may put a little more pressure on the overall time.

Also some players will accept a challenge and not play hoping you quit to try to get ratings points. So this would make their time limit go just that much faster. Anyway just an idea.
I agree 100%!!!!  Even 3:00 or 3:30 should be plenty to play an end.

And doing away with the 1 minute time limit per shot wouldn't hurt my feelings either.  Some of the later shots take some thinking.
I agree too, 4 Mins is plenty, 3 mins s/b adequate but 3:30 is probably just right. Do away with the minute, up to you to manage your clock
Hopefully we get some changes around here. The game is a little stale and out of date. The hog line they can't even get right. A rock needs to be fully over the line.

Anyway I just played against a guy where he left half way through the first end in a 4-ender. 

I scored 8 the next end then typed in, telling him that this wouldn't work then he starts to play sometime during the 3rd end. lol. But ya what waste of time, blah!!
The other option is to let time run until the rocks stop, that would be fine with the 5mins.
Hello...sometimes i play snooker and it's possible play "quick snooker".Why not create a quick curling room with 20 secondes every shot maximum.
I agree with bonobo57, we already have an option to choose the number of ends, what is needed is an option to choose maximum time per shot.  Maybe 10, 20 or 30 seconds (maybe even with 1 extension per end)?

There are many times when I would like a quick game but end up not playing in case i get someone who takes the full time per shot.

1 min per shot at the beginning of an end is too long. 30secs for the first two shots, and 4mins in total might work.
I think it should be 20 seconds for shots 1-2. 30 seconds for shots 3-4-5-6. 40 seconds for shots 7-8. As well as a time limit of 3 minutes. Also you should be able to have a quick curling match, like others wrote above.

I would like to see something like:
Quick curling (maybe an option for all users within the curling lobby)
10 seconds shots 1-2. 15 seconds shots 3-4-5-6. 20 seconds shots 7-8. Sum it up and you have 2 minutes. Maximum time should be 1 minute, 1.30 minutes at most.
How about an option to choose how many rocks are used, 4-8. the 4,5,6 rocks per team would be fun once in awhile, you could get more ends in, in a shorter time too.
How about Talent1 gets 4 rocks, and the rest of us 8! Might be a fair handicap...
Now that made me thinking. What if the rating indicated how much time you get? To make it easy you could give those with grey rating double as much time as those with red rating. This way you would apply more pressure for those who should know the game better.
I'm okay with the time as it is.  However if, or not, times are reduced, I wouldn't mind a warning popup to remind of expiring time and prompt the player to throw the stone.

And distract the player??? A pop up is not needed, when are pop ups ever wanted?