« Back to All Topics
WTF
Posted in 
Go
WTF
Posted in 
Go
WTF
I've read books about go and even played it IRL. I just played a game where I had more territory and a whole lot more prisoners then my opponent. 146 prisoners to be exact..

Once the game was done I come to find myself losing by 3 points... even though I controlled 75% of the map and had all those prisoners.

I mean I'm not a pro or anything but when your opponent is purposely betting himself in atari every move he makes then.. shouldn't you end up winning the game?... Im not sure how its played here on this server but normally you use your prisoners to fill in your opponents territory.. He had 6 prisoners.. and had 6 territory on the board.. while I had MUCH more then that. And since I was white I should have Komi added onto my score... and some how I lose by 3 points. If anyone can explain why this happened please do.... cause that game did not end how I learned how it was suppose to end.
Hmm that's weird! Did your opponent possibly cheat? That is the only explanation I can come up with.
The only thing that I can think of to explain this would maybe be if you did not mark the dead stones/prisoners, or your opponent marked live stones dead which gave him a lead. If you have the sgf I or someone else could explain to you what happened, but without the record its really all speculation. You say you had 146 prisoners, was that actually captured stones (already removed from the board) or dead stones? If they were actually captured than the only way I can figure you to have lost is if your opponent marked live stones dead...