« Back to All Topics
cheating by running clock out
Posted in 
Go
Posted in 
Go
i played someone named azunto, and i was winning by a long shot. i had 1 minute left on the clock about, and the game was almost done. azunto started doing random moves as fast as possible to run my clock out, and won from time. please look at my last game against him, and talk to him about it. Thank you
Well now you see how it feels to get cheated on. You didn't mind the cheating when you were the one doing it-now you're saying cheating is unfair. LOL!
Got the same, in my very first match here. Secured all territory, then played pass-pass-pass all the time in less than 1 second. The problem was then he proposed to do the scoring and he never agreed with my proposal. MAJOR BUG: scoring is done with click running, it shouldn't be so. In real matches when 2 players agree to count time is stopped and if needed (rarely or never, when you don't agree and still need to play) it is restarted from where it was stopped).

Please correct this and also do something about the cheaters. Mine even announced me that he will do that, because he lost the match by very far!
@allan, what you're suggesting is that the clocks are paused while stones are marked? what if your opponent decides to take an eternity to mark the stones? he/she could simply not press "done" and you'd be waiting an indefinite amount of time.

keep in mind that time is part of the game. it's ideal to think quickly...

my suggestion would be for the creators to integrate a feature where a moderator can be contacted instantly and moderators can join any game match instantly.