« Back to All Topics
percentage of doubles rolled exceeds statistical average
Posted in 
Backgammon
Posted in 
Backgammon
I have noticed that the number of doubles...especially 6 6 exceed what could possibly be considered normal.  The algorithms for the random number generators are flawed.  They my feel it makes for a more interesting game, but I think we all would agree that the dice should be representative of real life dice
You have something to confirm your assumption, or did you just get a match with more 6 6 than average?
I think they have a problem with the server,I just have a game when my oponent have just doubles!!!!!!It is not posible!!!!
The only way to prove this is to record all the rolls you and your opponent get over many games and then analyse the results. I do this by keeping a spreadsheet open while I play and enter each roll. I have now recorded over 30000 rolls.

On average doubles should occur one in ever 6 rolls. Here it is more like one in 5. 

On average double 6 (6/6) should occur one in 36 rolls. Here is one in 29.7 rolls. 

Of coarse, FlyOrDie won't accept your statistics even after they challenge you to provide them. So keeping these results is only so you can verify in your own mind what all players know is happening.

ofcourse these are not normal : 
In fact it is really hard to provide enough set of random numbers for over 100 games at the same time.
Instead, they use pre-determinded sets which have had distributed evenly in total but not in few games. 
If it was otherwise then the site would have had been provided users with RSS of the games ( Records of the games ).
Anyway, Playing the game is a free choice so no one really bothers.  
Best Regards.