« Back to All Topics
Two questions...
Posted in 
Backgammon
Two questions...
Posted in 
Backgammon
Two questions...
Hi. Fairly new to this site and enjoying the backgammon. Used to play MSN Gaming Zone years ago and it's the first time I've played online since.

1) Is there a page that describes how the points work? For example, do you win/lose less/more depending on who you play?

2) Is there a way to undo the first move? A few times I've made the wrong move, either a) because my hand slipped using the mouse or b) I didn't look at the board properly. Either way, there should be a way to undo the first move.

Thanks for any help!
I'm new here as well and also don't understand why there isn't an undo button. I also don't understand how the ratings work. And why don't the wait/busy buttons work?
There is no "Ooooooppppss" button because these folks don't write the computer code for the games. In case you haven't noticed they sell AD's here. 

I think it is not fair that you cannot undo a move. In live backgammon you can undo your move until you hit the timer button. I have slipped several times that has costed me the game. Very frustrating. If you are going to have a backgammon site, have a good dice program and an undo button like live backgammon. It only makes sense.
I sure have noticed the ads! If you buy membership can you avoid them?
For the rating system see 
http://www.flyordie.com/games/help/rating_system.html

It's a bit complicated!

There is no Undo, you just have to be careful.
Apparently the ratings system is based on some formula some would-be mathematician developed on the other side of the planet. It's very complicated and not at all based on win-loss ratios or game points garnered. It doesn't make sense and definitely favours the players with higher ratings. The programmers of this game obviously didn't know all the rules of this game and have made no effort to correct their mistakes even though many players have pointed them out.
Apparently buttons such as wait/busy, etc. are only available to subscribers.