« Back to All Topics
ratings
Posted in 
Backgammon
ratings
Posted in 
Backgammon
ratings
Your ratings make no sense!!! How can I beat an opponent 3-2 and have my rating drop??? How does a person with a win-loss ratio of less than 1 get a higher rating than someone with a win-loss ratio greater than 1? What do these ratings mean? They obviously have no relationship to the win-loss ratio or the number of games played. Are the higher ratings purchased? Do you have to be a subscriber to get advanced into the higher ratings? And the people with the higher ratings are soooo snobbish: refusing to play with anyone with a lower rating! Initially I thought this was a decent online game site; now I have my doubts.
RSVP
Why can't I get an answer to my questions? Or a response of some kind? And why wasn't my previous message not posted? 
RSVP
Yep I despise this system too but I guess it encourages you to play against someone on the same level as you.

But at the same time, higher ranked players are not obliged to play with you, and likewise it'll put you off playing against lower ranked players...double edged sword..so much for "you can only get better by playing players better than you."...
The higher ratings players aren't better. Look at their scores. Very few have above average win/loss ratios. They've achieved higher ratings through some other process, not skill.