« Back to All Topics
Forum post numbers
Posted in 
General
Forum post numbers
Posted in 
General
Forum post numbers
I think that the number of posts next to your name on the forum should be deleted.
Lots of people on this forum just post on here so they can get the most posts and it's very sad, I think by deleting the number of posts you have this will stop the immaturity on here.
For example I come onto the forum this morning and see halogeek has posted in almost every topic in the forum. Nothing wrong with that in itself, but the replies were pathetic and just a waste of forum space. He's not the only one, there are others as well but this is just an example.

:D lol nice one peter ( i think thats 4 ) :D

like that geek hallogeek he sed bump in like 1000 posts 2day
yea there is no reason to bump a post that is still in demand
not to sound like i know nothing in the forum but wat those bump mean in hear
I'm no expert but I think it's like recommending a thread. 
However, halogeek wasn't doing it for that purpose me thinks. :|
Its a good theory Jamez

However thats what the forum moderators have been trying to do ...

I try to make all my posts relevant to the subject and if possible help the person in need of assistance..

the players "AlTeR Eg0s" had 1000+ posts , however they were deducted via the moderators for some reason ..

Your theory is only applicable to some ..
But i do agree with you ;)
BUMP means getting ur topic back up if it drops into 2nd page etc. however halogeek does it to bbost post count i think
the player Alteregos has (or had) made 1000+ posts, but they were not to boost his numbers, of this i am fairly positive....they were simply made to help new players to some of the games and provide information that they might want or need. 
Relating to AlterEgo,

The Larkinor forum was cleaned up a while back, and all the players lost post numbers. I lost 600 myself. Shi (AlterEgo) lost over 1000. The reason we, along with a few others have such numbers is that we're there since the start of the game, and like Tank_master tend to do most of the replying to questions.

On the "bumping", theres 4 posts in Larkinor that are bumped by the mods on a daily basis....the new players guides and FAQ's...written by the players.

Anyway, I always thought that the quality of your replies not the quantity was whats important...anyone can post 10,000 LOL's.

Cinder.
Cinder i firmly agree with what you have just said . If we all took the time to think about what we were posting then im sure this forum would be full to the brim with useful info...

Also , yes you and i have been here literally from the very beginning .. this is simply the reason for our high post numbers..

Anyways , have a good day..
TANK
i've been hee a while and dont have a high post count :p (ty :) ty)
and i only just saw tank this year :O didnt know about you back in 02 :(
but i agree the post count should be gone so there wouldnt be immature posts