Forums » Backgammon
The REAL truth about random dice
Replies: 11   Pages: 1   Most recent reply posted by: Dr. Gammon (Jan 4, 2018 2:15 AM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum
  Back to Topic List
Replies: 11   Pages: 1  
Dr. Gammon

The REAL truth about random dice Posted: Jan 4, 2018 2:15 AM
Greetings Fellow Gammon Players:

I have read many, many posts regarding the alleged "fixed" dice in a scheme to undermine individual players. The closer truth is nothing more than sour grapes. Anyone having first hand knowledge of super computers, exponential computations and basic math can easily understand random number generators; it's not that complicated.

A "rigged" game would require human intervention into each and every game; trust me, you aren't that special. One player claims that members get 58% more doubles than non-members and claims to have a program to measure such. Yet, he can't explain what is meant by 58%.

Here's the bottom line in reality: Dice Have No Memory - you never know what comes next. However, it is fair to say that all combinations will appear at least 3 times during any given game.

GG & GL,

Dr. Gammon

Cerna Peti 11

Re: The REAL truth about random dice Posted: Jan 6, 2018 10:19 AM
Hi Dr,

do you play sometimes Backgammon or just read the posts?

I suggest, play a few times, then you will see that the dices are manipulated.

zmr08

Re: The REAL truth about random dice Posted: Jan 7, 2018 5:47 PM
Hi Dr. Gammon,
There could be different randomization types. I suspect that randomization program uses game information (stats of players, players time spent during the game, if there is double or not, etc.) It cannot be manupulated by operators but there could be a feedback from game to the randomization program. I strongly suspect that some players have found out how it works and they use it for their benefit.
-kristal

Dr. Gammon

Re: The REAL truth about random dice Posted: Jan 10, 2018 6:32 PM
Of course I play and play often. Do you think the "dices" are cheating when you win the game?
DG

Dr. Gammon

Re: The REAL truth about random dice Posted: Jan 10, 2018 6:35 PM
Randomization programs? I don't think you quiet understand the specifics of a random generator. Each die is random. It's silly to think otherwise and only the losers complain. Winners attribute their victory to personal skill.

DG

zacharycat

Re: The REAL truth about random dice Posted: Feb 18, 2018 4:31 PM
Weird dice rolls happen all the time. I doubt cheating happens much unless the game is for money.

Ella Smith

Re: The REAL truth about random dice Posted: Mar 16, 2018 10:46 AM
The real truth is that the dice conspire to make the game last as long as possible whenever I'm desperate for the toilet.

backgammondude

Re: The REAL truth about random dice Posted: Apr 6, 2018 8:21 AM
Right: But if you calculate on at the 36 sample survey, you are allways offered, you gain many % in winning chances from the ones, who just think, they can do the smartest move without calculating at all. That´s why there is a meaning in having a world champignon in BG. BUT: IF tthe real sample survey shows just a little wrong, you can not use your calculating abillity AT ALL.... And that I find frustating!

Ella Smith

Re: The REAL truth about random dice Posted: Apr 8, 2018 7:46 AM
It would be a nightmare to program rigged dice; there's no reason for the programmers to do it. A lot of the nonsense written about it is due to: (1) we tend to remember coincidences and forget non-coincidences; (2) we remember luck working against us more easily than luck working for us; (3) poor players think they are just unlucky; (4) the probabilities of dice rolls are often misunderstood. For an excellent guide see www.paulspages.co.uk/bgvaults/tips/dicerolls.php

backgammondude

Re: The REAL truth about random dice Posted: Apr 9, 2018 6:49 AM
It´s nice to see, that at least 1 of my writings now have reaches the forum. I wonder where my other writings are: The ones, which was very specific on the critic on the randomisationproblem on this site? Who have denied it to be shown? Have others than me the same problem?

hnhreno

Re: The REAL truth about random dice Posted: Apr 10, 2018 10:07 PM
yes

backgammondude

Re: The REAL truth about random dice Posted: Apr 11, 2018 4:46 AM
To be honest, all of my totics have now been shown: And that´s good for a start!

Replies: 11   Pages: 1  
  Back to Topic List      Top of the page