« Back to All Topics
Backgammon
Posted in 
Backgammon
Backgammon
Posted in 
Backgammon
Backgammon

Been playing here for a month and haven't subscribed yet because I'm waiting for you to correct a few flaws in this game.

First of all, I think there needs to be an option of how many games will be played before a challenge is accepted. For example, best of 3, 5 or 7. Its far too frustrating when you spend your time getting your score up to then play a few people that get lucky dice and run away.

This brings me to my other point. Whats the deal with the dice? There seems to be a series of uncommon rolls that occur regularly at specific times. I can't believe how many times I have seen an opening roll of 6 and 1 (which is the best time to get it). Sometimes its me, sometimes it the other guy, but the fact that it always seems to come is very, very strange. A lot of the dice rolls throughout the game seem to fit the current pattern. Is there a small advantage given to the player currently losing so you can make it more interesting? 

Fix a few things and you might find you get more subscribers - me, for one.
/i do agree with all you say about the dices rolls and the other people running after one game lets hope more people agree with us b]
Is there a small advantage given to the player currently losing so you can make it more interesting?

No, there is not.  The dice roll is absolutely random, as long as we can trust the random number generator of computers.

OP

see my commentar. i dont believe, thats all is correkt.
obviously it is NOT random.
Im specially pissed off, when u arrive at the end game in similar positions, then u get 2-1, 3-1, 4-1 while ur opponent gets 6-6, 4-4. 5-6
You will obviously not complain when you get the big ones and your opponent the small ones... ;)

OP
nope m8, it sucks to. there is no game without one of the players getting a series of 2 or 3 doubles and the other not. 
It can't be random that in three games one starts with 2 doubles.

I am starting to record the numbers to show u, the algorithm is NOT random, but it's based on previous games.
Excuse me, but what would be the point of it that way?

OP
just to show that they dont work random, 
and they were random?
well ... the game would be more enoyable, just that
 ;)
What would be the point of being non-random, if I may ask?
Why would it be more enjoyable?

OP
hi.

i think to make backgammon better on flyordie there needs to be a roll at the start of a game to determine who goes first. because at the moment it seems like it's just random, that is not terribly fair in my opinion.

thanks.
Isnt it not random who starts anyway?
So rolling a dice which is random anyway would be a bit pointless
I reread my post and it dont make much sense but you might get what i mean :p

What i mean is rolling a dice to decide who goes first would be just as random as to how the game starts already wouldnt it?
hi alldersboy.

i suppose you are right, but on any other backgammon games/sites i have played this roll at the start usually happens. it just makes the game that little bit more realistic in my opinion, and was just a suggestion. :)

thanks.
What i relay want is that there will be pionts and that we ll play matches where i can double the game score, get points for the marses etc.
I have been playing for a while and I agree with the previous post about "catch up logic"

If I am winning there is a several turns that make it close at the end. 

In real life this happens ever once in a while, but on FOD it happens almost every game.
If each player rolled one die then there would be no way to start the game with a double. That is how the rules are written. This is unfair and when you start with a double you should offer a draw imo.
I have played this game for months and always get up to around 200 points then every game i play they will get doubles upon doubles and even more doubles. One time someone got three doubles sixes in a row and the probablility is 1 in 46000. Is everyone cheating or do the dice hate me. 
Statistically, it's not possible to judge whether a dice roll is random or not from a small sample such as a few games. The sample should overcome about 200 dice rolls and the distribution of each dice roll (each should show appproximately the same frequence and therefore randomly distributed in a large sample) should be checked, before claiming it 'non random'. On the other hand, people are convinced that in some cases the server seems apparently to play "against". Two questions: 1) obviously, why should it? 2) can you imagine how powerful a computer should be to control and predetermine dice rolls for each game played? Unless you believe he is supporting only your opponent...but that is paranoia.
Unfortunately, I am sure that people will continue to look suspiciously to dice rolls....