« Back to All Topics
backgammon
Posted in 
Backgammon
backgammon
Posted in 
Backgammon
backgammon
Am i right in thinking that flyordie controls what numbers the dice numbers are, if not ,it's a coinidence that I can guess what numbers will show so my opponent can win, even up to the last 5 throws .
Exactly what I have been saying.
It has "catch up logic" when you are winning your opponent will get several doubles in a row while you roll 2,1 and 3,1 over and over. It is very frustrating. This rarely happens in real life, but almost every time I play on here.
so true, its definately fixed, last time i play backgammon here...
Statistically, it's not possible to judge whether a dice roll is random or not from a small sample such as a few games. The sample should overcome about 200 dice rolls and the distribution of each dice roll (each should show appproximately the same frequence and therefore randomly distributed in a large sample) should be checked, before claiming it 'non random'. On the other hand, people are convinced that in some cases the server seems apparently to play "against". Two questions: 1) obviously, why should it? 2) can you imagine how powerful a computer should be to control and predetermine dice rolls for each game played? Unless you believe he is supporting only your opponent...but that is paranoia.
Unfortunately, I am sure that people will continue to look suspiciously to dice rolls....