Fixed or not
Posted in 
Backgammon
Fixed or not
Posted in 
Backgammon
Fixed or not
Are the dice fixed or not??
I am an average player, won't ever reach the higher ranks but notice  when I get to a rating of about 300 the dice change, it's not related to who I play i.e. now playing more experienced players because I have played with all levels and trust me I have played with some very inexperienced players, been an entertainment in itself!  But still lost, the dice go totally their way.  This then appears to last for about 3 days by which time I am on 0 (zero) rating.  The dice then go in my favour and I then seem to win with ease, in fact too much ease. 
Welcome any comments .......
you bet they,re fixed! If you want to prove it , play a real safe game with no blots, you will then get a roll that forces a blot. Then my friend , your opponent will hit you even if it takes a 6/5(not the most common throw)This means you are not playing backgammon, but a game devised by flyordie. Still it passes the time 
It is quite amusing to see that each player thinks the game to "be fixed" in a completely different way.

Have you ever played Hoyle Backgammon or similar against your pc? And noticed that the software detects the single checkers and somehow cheats. You can adjust the difficulty level. In fact you adjust how much the game will cheat.

I can tell you that the games are written in such a way that to make the games more interesting and make it worthwile playing. I am sure that most software games including this web site is written with this thinking. Most probaply the game engines are copied from each other

Most annoying thing about FLY OR DIE backgammon is that we DO NOT want the software contributing anything to the game. The dice thow should be random and as natureal as in real life. 

Enjoyed playing here but not so sure if I will continue.

PLEASE MODERATOR DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. 

I have joined this website several weeks ago and already made my complaint but not sure if the moderator has taken me seriously. 
Following my recent post here in the forum I have continued playing and observing the backgammon software behaviour further.

The pattern is the same without fail. The software sees the single checkers most of the time. This is most annoying. During this period I have played real life game with friends and I can tell you that the software cheats. The real life game dice throw gives you the most satisfaction because it is random.

I HOPE THAT THE MODERATOR TAKES NOTICE OF THIS COMPLAINT AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

We just request random dice thow in the game.

What you do request is - random dice which you would like. All the other dices you are considering as not random and cheating.

Grow up. :)
i am being victimised,on every game i go on.please make them stop cheating and making me feel,so disheartend .thankyou/
I have had the same problem even in the last game when I thought I had won the dice rolled 3 double sixes to my opponent and then when I was in the zone they got the number to hit me and then rolled another double. When ever I get close to 300 or once when I was to make it 400 the same thing happened I cant take this game seriously now and wont play here again
I am not expecting this reply to get past the moderator as it is clearly not in their interest

There are far too many games on here where the dice are so improbable as to make any assertion that the dice are random to be remotely true.

I have had yet another game where, whilst statistically possible, the out come is so unlikely as to be utterly ridiculous,

I had to endure an opening throw of two double fives - unlikely enough as well as being utterly useless as you are forced to leave an exposed point. 

My opponent not only hits the exposed point fills in the home points with repeated doubles and throws from me that only match his blocked points - he has won before I get off the bar.

A game in which I only make two moves in the entire game.

So Dear Moderator / Operator - how is this even remotely credible ??????????????
1, Being "random" does not mean that " improbable " events will not occur. In fact even "very improbably" will occur if you play enough games.

2, there are far too many cases for " improbable " or "very improbable" events, so if you add them together it is quite "probable" that in the end you will face one of them in each game. 
It can be regarded as "suspicious" if you face the SAME "improbable event" all the time, however, this is clearly not happening.

You can check the other thread to see in how many ways do our dearest players think about the dice being manipulated. It is definitely not possible to program the dice to do all of these, moreover, there would be no point in doing so either.

Thank you for your feedback.

Of course the dice on here are random

That is why you get the same player getting double six three times in a game and winning without ever suffering a hit

It is also why there is always a throw that means you must leave a stone exposed and that a stone is hit the very next throw followed by throws to you that mean you cannot make a move

I also believe in the tooth fairy

One thing that is very clear on this site is any credibility - I have yet to find anyone who shares my deluded belief that the dice are random - although there are a few who share my belief in the tooth fairy
I have to agree that something funny is going on with this game. Every time I start to get a good rating I have a few days where I can't do anything right and end on back at 0. A classic example of this happened the other day in a tourney.(I must have married the servers Ugly daughter) I was far outclassed by most of the players, and yet still won the tourney. (And I'm still waiting for my gold star) So it works both ways. I'll keep playing in spite of all the ups and downs as I enjoy the game.
Can some one tell me why would the operators fix the dice? What is there to gain? Who would benefit? I have an open mind even though I see strange circumstances.
There is something very amiss with the dice - having just completed a game where I finished still on 147 points even though I only ever had two stones blocked. My opponent not only got repeated doubles to block the home points as quickly as possible but this continued whilst he cleared the board - mostly with doubles. I of course got low dice to make sure I stayed stuck.

Whilst the operators will claim anything is possible and of course the dice are random - the odds on so many repeated doubles is tens of thousands to one.

As a side note - how is which player starts decided?
I played 17 games before I started first.
Or is this still defined as random to FlyOrDie?

After a game yesterday, I am now convinced the dice take sides.
The scenario, I have 3,4,5,6 and bar point covered with 2   stones on each 3 stones on 13, my back stones were split 24,23. 
My opponent only had his 4 and 6 point made, 2 on 24, 3 or 4 on his 8 point and the rest ready as builders.
How can I remember this? Well, after  his next throw of a 6 and 4. I never made another move, just sat and watched.
Filling his inner table was good fortune, but then throwing 2 lots of 1.6 to bring his back stones into play was pushing the bounds of probability
Then the "coup de grace" a double five allowing 2 stones to be taken off and 2 moved 6*1. 
Time to resign. 
You talk about facing the same "improbable event". How's this for an example: whenever a player rolls an opening roll of 6/3 and leaves a blot it is immediately hit by the opponent on his/her next roll. Statistically this would happen periodically, but not regularly. In my games I have recorded my opening rolls and approx. 197 times out of 200 whenever I have a 6/3 I am immediately hit. This goes beyond "improbable event". It does not make the games more interesting; it makes it frustrating! Does ForD even care what players think of this site? Or they only interested in attracting advertisers?