Forums » Backgammon
Fixed dice
Replies: 95   Pages: 7   Most recent reply posted by: GameTime9999 (Aug 10, 2017 10:34 PM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum
  Back to Topic List
Replies: 95   Pages: 7   [ Go: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » ]
jacobo67

Re: Posted: Oct 28, 2013 6:16 PM
I have seen to many strange dice throws to believe in a random generator. Sorry. It was ok for s long time, but it seems to me that after the rules was changed, and then changed again, the generator stopped being random. So we are talking like 3 month of a lopsided dice

D200

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Dec 15, 2013 7:32 PM
Don't frustrate yourself. The dice throw CAN NOT BE RANDOM. We are just wasting time here.
Having played enough number of games I would say without hesitation that

* The dice throw can not be random
* The server sees the single stones and gives dice accordingly. This happens too many times to believe otherwise.
* I believe that the server balances win - loss ratios somehow.
* It not possible by any probability to lose 6 or 7 consecutive games and the all dice you get is almost the same during 6 or 7 games
* The most unlikely dice is given to your opponent at the most crucial moment which becomes a game changer. Come on !!
* Please don't say the dice throw probability is this and that. Let's not be naive about this. After having played enough games one starts seeing the pattern.
* the game is probably a derivative of a PC game where you can play against the PC and win or lose. It feels like the server somehow meddles with the game.
* I can only come to a conclusion that the software designer has done a good job of writing this game not to upset any player, experienced or novice by balancing the win - lose ratios, so that no one emigrates this web site. Otherwise the novice players will move away quickly.
* The more player there is the better for the web site.
* We are frustrated with the current set up.
* Please OPERATOR do something about this.

Thanks for reading and I hope my message is not deleted by the OPERATOR.

scope254

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Dec 18, 2013 1:11 AM
I completely agree that the server messes with the dice. So many 'unlucky' rolls to be just bad luck.

Battle Royale

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Jan 4, 2014 9:47 PM
Really hate this game when I'm on a losing streak, like the one I'm on now. I must be really terrible at the game. Can't wait till next week for when I'm unbeatable again.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Jan 7, 2014 1:05 AM
So just to be clear - all of you "conspiracy theory" people are saying that the dice are not random, implying that the operator has written a complex dice algorithm just to f*** with the players.

So this "conspiracy" program would have to do two things:
1. Decide whether or not you are "due" for a winning or losing streak, and then
2. Ensure that your dice rolls result in an appropriate win or loss.

Both of these tasks are certainly possible, but would require an extra amount of effort for the development of this site. Neither would be simple to calculate.

Additionally, there would have to be some motivation to do this. It seems unlikely that the programmers would take all the extra effort to mess up only one game on the otherwise fair game site FlyOrDie.

Sure, it's possible the dice are fixed, but it's very unlikely and doesn't make any sense. It's also impossible to disprove because none of us will ever have the source code to the game.

But maybe I'm wrong...

Man never walked on the moon, 9/11 was faked, and FlyOrDie Backgammon has fixed dice.

BlackSmoke

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Jan 11, 2014 11:00 PM
There is no conspiracy about this and nor it is difficult to write down a simple algorithm to hit single stones most of the time . That's all you need and this becomes the game changer, to detect and hit the single stones and the rest follows naturally. Had the dice throw be absolute random than the game would only work for the veteran player, hence the novice will not survive.

From the Flyordie site point of view it makes the game more exiting to hit single stones and keep all participants in the game. This makes sense why the dice throw should be fixed. But if you are looking for a honest game and true random dice throw like me you would be disappointed here.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Jan 18, 2014 6:08 AM
Let me make sure I have this theory straight:

FlyOrDie wants to make the game more popular, so they go to all the extra trouble to rig the dice to make the game annoying.

I just don't follow the logic of how this would ever make any sense.

5amet

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Jan 26, 2014 1:30 PM
Can you explain this!
I am hit. 6 and 2 is full. And i roll "6-2" for three times! Three times! And i can't enter.
You say it's random to roll 6-2 for three times to enter????

FlyOrDie

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Jan 27, 2014 9:28 AM
"Random" definitely does not mean that you will surely get 1, 3, 4, or 5 in three throws. Otherwise it would NOT be random.

"Random" will sometimes include unexpected or unwanted events that might seem "unnatural" for those who have superficial ideas about randomness.

FlyOrDie

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Feb 16, 2014 9:26 AM
Excellent addition to this list from one of our players by email:

"1. Lots of times it begins with 3-1 2-4 6-1 3-5 2-4.

2. There are repeating series of numbers, like if it gives 2-4 it is more likely to be repeated again in the same hand.

3. Sometimes for 3 or 4 time you got a pair of 1-1, or 4-4 which cannot be random in no way.

4. It happens a lot that if you hit the other players stone and if the higher places are full like 6 , then it will give him 6-6 or so.

5. And finally many times it gives the exact set of numbers to hit a sole stone with the distance more than 6 , like 8 or 9 which cannot happen at this rate.

Finally there are times it favors one opponent over the other."

Battle Royale

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Feb 17, 2014 1:51 AM
"Finally there are times it favors one opponent over the other"

Obviously this is a ridiculous point to make. But the game definitely goes against you or in your favour far too many times in consecutive games. Sometimes you play the most random moves and you will still win. I do believe in sports you can make your own luck, or an aura of invincibility can surround a player or team but this is a game based on dice and the opponents don't know each other.

Many players have a win/loss ratio close to 1.00 or a little above, never have i seen a player with 2/1. This indicates to me that there are few players that are exceptional or "master" of the game but the game gives people hot and cold streaks to keep them playing. A bit what like BlackSmoke was saying.

I fully realise that somebody must win and somebody must lose, but for either of these to happen in a number of consecutive game (8 plus, not 2 or 3) is unrealistic.

A simple question, has either FlyorDie or OPERATOR got a profile that they have played 1000+ games on?

nefrin

Re: Posted: Feb 18, 2014 11:36 AM
I am sure the way your game dice is not Correct.
It is simply not random.
i have a solution to show that :
In the game "GO" on your website, there is a button " SGF " which gives the record of the game.
I think you better to put that same option so every one can see what is happening in the game.

nefrin

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Feb 18, 2014 12:54 PM
Dear Battle Royale :
The post was emailed by me and i don't need to play +1000 games on your website :
1st. Because iv played it with real board and Dice, so I know how things happens in real.
2nd. The simple mathematics can shows you the problem which i will discuss later.
By the way to have proofs i suggest you put a " SGF " button on the game so every one can have his "Record of the Game".
Here i give you some simple explanations :
A. In real game / Dice : each dice comes with the chance of 1/6 so each pair got a 1/36 . There are two pair ( like [x-6] & [6-x] )
So we have{ 1/36 or another 1/36 } = 1/18, for, x-6 alone.
( Or it can be said the probability of having a 6 is like 1/18).
It is the same for any other pair.
In your site the game does not Goes this way.
B. Think of hitting a sole stone in the distance 6 :
You can have { 1-6, 6-1, 3-3, 2-4, 4-2, 5-1, 1-5 }
So many ways to do that and the probability is something near 2/3 But : in for the distance 9 we got only : {3-6, 6-3, 4-5, 5-4, 3-3}
it makes it this way => 5/36.
And if you have numbers 6 or 5 closed you the probability would be like 1/12.
Still in game with more frequency you hit or got hit in those places.
C.
in real game each games " Dice " would be justified by its own, like, if you got some 3-1 1-5 2-3 1-2 , then in the rest the probability of have a 1 or 3 is lower than others. it is called conditional possibility. Yet in the game the otherwise is seen !!!
It think it is because the game justifies the whole dicing at site at same so " The dice and numbers get packed."
that means , gathering the whole numbers of site you can see an even distribution ( IF IT is AT ALL Distributed EVENLY.) and in each game the numbers get packed so see repetitions, and that means IN ONE GAME the numbers are not random any more.
=======================================
In the end If you have provided the users some record of their games, which i mean the "Dice's and Moves " of each game, then it would be more clear what is really going on.

nefrin

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Feb 18, 2014 1:24 PM
Correction :
1/18 that was special pair of number like 1 & 6 or 6 & 1 .
for having any 6 it is like 1/3.
and for having sum of 6 it is close to 2/3.

FlyOrDie

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Feb 18, 2014 1:46 PM
You got the numbers wrong:

getting a direct 6 has a probability of 11/36, not 1/18.

"hitting a sole stone in the distance 6" is not close to 2/3, rather 17/36 which is less than 1/2.

hitting a sole stone in the distance 9 is really 5/36. Have you made any measurement that how much is it in our game?

By saying that
"3 or 4 time you got a pair of 1-1, or 4-4 which cannot be random in no way." it makes it quite obvious that giving you a sgf file would be quite useless, if you find such events impossible. Actually it would not be random if it did not happen occasionally.
Feel free to record your games with a video capture software to show us if it is happening way to often.

"1. Lots of times it begins with 3-1 2-4 6-1 3-5 2-4."

Feel free to record your games again. If any of your games will start with these five pairs in this order, you will get eternal VIP status.

"Finally there are times it favors one opponent over the other."

That's why is called random. If the dice were evenly distributed throughout a match, it would NOT be random.

Replies: 95   Pages: 7   [ Go: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » ]
  Back to Topic List      Top of the page