Forums » Backgammon
Fixed dice
Replies: 95   Pages: 7   Most recent reply posted by: GameTime9999 (Aug 10, 2017 10:34 PM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum
  Back to Topic List
Replies: 95   Pages: 7   [ Go: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » ]
lostinthewoods

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Feb 27, 2014 2:32 AM
The rolls are obviously not random. Highly improbable roles are frequent and the combinations are far too often exactly the perfect role to be legitimate. When a system consistently stacks the odds, one has to ask who benefits. This is my first post but I see that many other players are also frustrated by this situation. It's all well and good for players to vent their frustration but what are the administrators doing to address these serious issues?

FlyOrDie

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Feb 27, 2014 8:50 AM
"one has to ask who benefits"

good question.

Also, if you look at all the conspiracy theories in this thread, it seems obvious that it would be quite near impossible to program a dice to fulfill all of these that has been brought up here, don't you think.

Until someone will take the burden and record their games (see second post here
http://forum. flyordie.com/thread.jsp?forum=48&thread=58985 as an example) to show those "frequent highly improbable" rolls, we have to assume that those who question the randomness of the dice might have some difficulties in understanding what "random" is.

Like the example above, when a player explicitly states, that rolling 1-1 three times in a row would be impossible with a random dice.

nefrin

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Feb 27, 2014 1:06 PM
Dear Flyordie :
I wont discuss the dice possibility here, but the thing is its highly improbable & that we feel the frequency of those situations is more that what it should be.
By they way, how someone could record my games ???

BlackSmoke

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Feb 28, 2014 3:17 PM
So many discontented messages from fellow players , so many similar experiences are expressed here with regards to the ‘cheating’ ‘fixed dice’ or ‘not random dice’ and the ‘meddling issues’ one must be either blind or insensitive to see this ever growing issue.

I can’t comprehend the operators / administrators attitude of not doing anything but trying to dampen the complaints and questions with dice throw probabilities and diverting the subject to conspiracy theories.

There is no conspiracy theory here, it a matter of how the software or the source code is written. It may not have been written properly or written for a purpose, but definitely it is not fair or random.

With the ingenuity of the software creators anything is possible nowadays. The game play was recently tweaked. The waiting time was reduced from 60 seconds to 15 seconds and the doubling facility was reduced from x32 down to x4 maximum and other similar things. So it is possible to tweak the software in any direction one wishes. There is no magic here.

Why is the FlyorDie team not being active and putting things right without delay?

The ultimate question is, do you wish to have more happy people playing a fair game at FlyorDie or do you wish to rely on your fixed game play to keep people at a lurch and vacate the room eventually? I know for sure that many fellow players who don’t necessarily write here are looking out for an alternative web site to migrate to because of the above reasons.

FlyOrDie

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Feb 28, 2014 6:04 PM
"so many similar experiences"

in fact you got it wrong.

There are so many DIFFERENT experiences expressed here, that probably even only two of you could not agree in what way are the dice "fixed" exactly.

"dampen the complaints and questions with dice throw probabilities"

it is quite clear from some of the complaints here that most players complaining about the dice do not have the faintest idea about probabilities for different rolls, they just "feel" that this and this should happen less/more frequently.

So I kindly ask you again for the 1000th time. If you say that the dice are not random, it means that you suspect there is a well defined pattern programmed in the dice throw.
If you know there is, it would not be a problem to state exactly what is this pattern, then show us that it is happening indeed.

Until then you can check some related pages that shows it is not the only site that have players with this type of "problems":

http://www.backgammoned.net/backgammon-articles/h ow-random-are-the-dice-used-in-online-backgammon.html

http://www.pauls pages.co.uk/bgvaults/tips/dicerolls.php

The ultimate question is:

do you want us to fix the dice so that highly improbable events will happen less frequently?
do you want us to fix the dice so there will be no more 4 doubles in a row any more?
do you want us to fix the dice to distribute it evenly even for a single game?
do you want us to fix the dice so all players will get the same rolls exactly?

nefrin

Re: Posted: Feb 28, 2014 9:24 PM
@ Dear Flyordie :
at the time i was reading on the site you provide me and that it is really useful . So let me ask you if which way you are using to generate random numbers ?????

D200

Re: Posted: Apr 8, 2014 5:07 PM
When are we going to see the changes to the game?

Why is it not corrected yet? Any reason why the delay?

bidave209

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Apr 10, 2014 7:35 AM
fly or die is a joke. your system keeps the game close then last chips are going off the board... he has four left and i have one after my turn and every time guess what?!! double sixes he wins ...... what a waste of time if you are dictating the game for us... who do you think you are god? POUND IT. and have a great day.

fstal86

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: May 20, 2014 2:11 PM
To all the conspiracy theorists on here:

Have you tried recording the statistics? Or are you just basing your beliefs on what you seem to remember? I notice there are plenty of accusations, but no data to back it up. Big surprise.

In all games with an element of chance ever invented, losers have whined of conspiracy theories. See any poker forum. Same pattern: bad players never look in the mirror, something else must be the cause of their losing. Yet they never post statistics to back up their claims. (It's even dumber in poker because they have all the hands automatically stored on their own computer if they ever wanted to actually look at the data.)

Chuckwalla

Re: Posted: Jun 5, 2014 9:21 PM
I keep track of it all the time. It's not always "fixed" in the other player's favor - it's just as often "fixed" in my favor. That's why it's so ridiculous. Is it really fun to win a game when you are clearly being given choice rolls? No - that's why I often purposely expose all my pieces and guess what - the game becomes competitive! It's pretty funny as long as you realize it's all designed to keep the game "interesting."

Man In Black

Re: Posted: Jun 8, 2014 1:03 PM
its not rocket science re.how some get high rtings.in any pool of 500 there are gonna be people at the top points and people at th ebottom.someone is gonna be more lucky than the rest.add the skill aspect of this gam e and u have the 1000 rank players.

fstal86

Re: Posted: Jun 8, 2014 11:57 PM
"I keep track of it all the time"

Then post the data and I'll be so kind as to analyze it statistically. Assuming you don't just mean you keep track in your head.

Sometimes it's in your favor and sometimes not? Randomness can be described exactly the same way. And randomness involves streaks. People tend to see patterns where there are none. Which is why you have to keep track on paper. Human memory / judgment can't be trusted when it comes to these sorts of things.

bgnickzak

Re: Posted: Jun 18, 2014 9:06 PM
This site cannot roll fair games. You cannot tell me the dice are random. All games are rigged and fixed.

D200

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Jun 19, 2014 11:14 AM
There is no conspiracy theory here. We now know that the dice throw is not random. This is the common consensus and the feeling is spreading rapidly among the discontent fellow players. You can appreciate that many players can’t join the conversation here and make their voice heard due to lack of English language.
I have been advised by an expert software writer that it is very likely that the source code has been written down to make the game more exciting by achieving certain moves or the frequency of the moves, otherwise the less experienced players will not survive and the FlyorDie site will lose participants.
I was told that there is very little one can’t do with source code nowadays.
However, having said all these it would be more pleasing experience for very many of us playing here if the frequency of the highly improbable events will happen less frequently and the win and lose rates are not regulated. Meaning one can’t win 7 or 8 successive games or vice versa.
I am sure that this will make players happier. Let’s not delay it happening any longer.

Battle Royale

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Jun 21, 2014 1:20 AM
Is it possible to view all of my results, not just my most recent ones?

Surprised this thread is still continuing tbh. Seems neither side will agree on anything.

Replies: 95   Pages: 7   [ Go: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » ]
  Back to Topic List      Top of the page