Forums » Backgammon
Fixed dice
Replies: 104   Pages: 7   Most recent reply posted by: OPERATOR (Feb 23, 2012 8:03 AM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum

Back to Topic List

Replies: 104   Pages: 7   [ Go: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 » ]
DEVELOPER

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Dec 2, 2014 6:12 PM
Anlyzis of Backgammon Tournament on 2014-11-19

45 players played a total of 152 matches.
Dice were rolled 6631 times, that resulted in 1082 doubles, out of which 194 were double-sixes.

6631 is a very high number, it's well over a few dozens, it's plenty!
Actually, it's so close to infinity that all results MUST match the theoretical value calculated from probabilities!

Let's check it out:

Clearly, we had to dial down a notch the number of double-sixes we give away, because mlh55 measured a too high value (see previous posts).
It's still a bit higher than the expected number (184), but I hope we can get away with it.
To compensate this, the number of doubles is a bit lower than expected (1105), so we took away two doubles for every duoble-six we gave.

Now, let's see if we were able to fix the dice so our precious designated winners would win!

TÜRKIYE won the tournaments, he has the highest number of rolls: 219
He rolled 35 doubles (should have been 37), 3 double-sixes (should have been 6).
Nice! We didn't want him to win at all! We did take away half of his double-sixes!
But he is too good, we will have to give him even less double-sixes next time.

yossuf: 210 rolls, 40 doubles (vs 35), 5 double sixes (vs 6).
Well, you should have beaten TÜRKIYE! Shame on you!

However, the biggest disappointment was JEAN GABIN and GRAND PRIX!

JEAN GABIN, you were given 9 double-sixes, the most among all players!
And all you could do is a lousy 33rd place??
Ok, maybe we gave you a bit too few doubles in total (25). For the 171 rolls you had you should have got 29 doubles.
But you got 9 double-sixes, man! Instead of 4.75, we almost doubled your chances for a D6!
(Actually, we did double your chances, but due to a bug in the game 9.5 was rounded downwards, so you just missed your 10th D6)

And you GRAND PRIX! You were given 8 double-sixes (the second highest number of D6's), 32 doubles in total.
For the 144 rolls you had, you should have got only 24 doubles and 4 D6's.
We wanted you to win sooooo bad! Because of your nick name!
And you just won't deliver! 37th??? Really? Even can5457 finished before you: 174 rolls, 23 doubles (instead of 29), 4 D6's (instead of 5).
That's pathetic!

We either **** so bad at fixing matches or you who we favor just don't listen. Don't you want to win?

Disclaimer:
By disclosing how we fix the dice I risk getting fired.
So this message will self-destruct in a few hours.
If it didn't then they might have fired me before that.

DEVELOPER

Re: "Fixed dice" Posted: Dec 2, 2014 11:10 PM
I forgot to add this to the previous post:
The probability of having at least 9 double-sixes in 171 rolls is about 5%.
The probability of finding someone having at least 9 double-sixes among 45 people is about 90% (+/-5% depending on the exact number of individual rolls).

MikeSteven

Fixed Dice Posted: Feb 19, 2016 8:51 PM
It is impossible for the dice on here to be random

I have just had the ultimate example - the six home points covered by just twelve stones straight from the start

Statistically possible maybe - a genuine example of random dice - surely not

Will the operators of the site please give a clear statement regarding that the dice are arranged and not truly random?

There are far too many unlikely escapes with the only dice possible followed by repeated doubles to fill in as quickly as possible to be believed

How many times have you seen the only escape possible followed by a double of an occupied point?

FlyOrDie

Re: Posted: Feb 19, 2016 9:14 PM
I am sorry, but are you suggesting that the "six home points" can not be covered by just twelve stones ?

Or what do you mean by "the six home points covered by just twelve stones straight from the start" ?

MikeSteven

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Feb 21, 2016 6:01 PM
Apart from stating the absolutely obvious

There are six points where you can get off the bar - the six point being occupied at the start.

I was given double 5 - not much to do apart from cover the two point

Opponent gets 3-1 to cover my five point

I get a second double 5 - which means I g=have to leave an exposed stone (work it out for yourself)

Now for the unsurprising bit if you accept the dice on here are not random

Opponent hits the exposed stone and my next three throws are all against the covered 6 and five points (after which I know what the outcome has been arranged to be) -
My opponents throws are unsurprisingly exactly what it required to cover exposed point with multiple doubles and other suitable throw

So the game is over and I have made the only two possible moves available to me

Statistically possible maybe - believable certainly not

Try playing on a real board with real dice and see if this can actually happen

Please - write something to convince me the dice on here are not manipulated !!!!!!!

dstormer23

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Mar 20, 2016 9:25 PM
i'm sorry but there is something weird about the game, and i can easily think of a reason why, if your rating moves up and down then you keep coming back to try and move up. thus increasing the ad revenue. the game feels fixed like this to me.im either unbeatable of cant win a game as i move first up and up the ratings then down and down. statisticly i'm sure it all adds up in the end to an even distribution but the game is fixed man.

Caneta

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Jun 27, 2016 7:09 PM
As here it seems that the operator reads the message, I'll put one here that I consider very important, even though another matter.

The button "give up" can only be active when the opponent offer double the bet.
It is absurd, a player to take a risky strategy to be able to block the opponent's stones, with the goal of winning a backgammon, and the opponent can give up just losing simply.
The solution to this problem is simple, inactivate the button "give up" until there is a fold proposition bet.
SIMPLE!
SIMPLE!
SIMPLE!

dmccoopera

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Jan 23, 2017 3:01 AM
Ha-Ha-Ha..... veeeery funny. I almost got smiled. You are explaining the mistakes of your software and trying to see logic. And what about throwing almost every time 6-6 when somebody hit his opponent and only the 6th numbers is occupied in opposite's side. I am not talking about my "luck", I spot it came to my opponents too. Did you understand? Imagine the starting position how you have 5 pieces in your own side and when you hit some piece of the opponent he is waiting everything except 6. And he got 6-6 almost every time at least once. Same if you fill 4 and 6, he got EXACTLY 4-6 or 4-4, 6-6. But let's talk about the probability with some cheap jokes...... Someone always will laugh with you. Ha-Ha-Ha.

thekenster35

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Jan 26, 2017 5:30 PM
It all boils down to money. Of course the site wants games to be close and exciting with amazing comebacks! Why? Simple. It keeps people in the game and on the site longer. Why is that desired? Simple. The site can charge more money for their ads if they show that people are on site longer thus exposing them to the advertisers product. Do believe that Presidents, Kings and heads of states, as well as your every day man have been murdered for money throughout history, but that man wouldn't "fix" a backgammon program for the same motive, is silly and naive.

BNUTS

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Jan 27, 2017 5:44 PM
I was way ahead in a game when my opponent captured one of my discs. He had the 6 and the 4 covered only. It took my 5 rolls to get my disc out, allowing my opponent to catch up. Thats when I finally was convinced that there is something wrong.

BNUTS

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Jan 29, 2017 7:58 PM
If I am winning and my opponent has to get the perfect roll with both dice, he/she will get it a good amount of the time. I have been playing backgammon for over 30 years and have never seen anything like this dice program. It really is pathetic. I will not ever play on this site again. When these things keep happening in my favor I get embarrassed and offer a draw to my opponents. Come on guys, don't embarrass us and fix it for the good players willing to stay on this site. Thank you

Vinny

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Feb 13, 2017 3:00 PM
I will add one more: I will block 5 of my inside points and my opponent will get in on the first try with doubles. This happened to me twice in one game! In fact getting in with doubles is very common for the losing player.

gobin1

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Apr 14, 2017 8:09 PM
I get the same thing, the dice is manipulated by something or somebody I believe...

quit

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Apr 16, 2017 1:16 AM
Dice are not fixed , THE GAME IS

Vinny

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Apr 27, 2017 10:39 PM
Interesting reading in this topic. I've played for a few months and am still wondering why I'm being punished. (Could it be the atheist logo?) Two things that I find odd (besides my enduring win lose cycle of about ten games): 1- I can't remember the last time I was able to re-enter on the first role with three or four open points. (Aren't the odds favorable for re-entry? 2- Why are my opponents almost always able to re-enter on the first role even with only one point open and most often with doubles?

My wife thinks it's because you are handicapping me. Ha!

Replies: 104   Pages: 7   [ Go: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 » ]

Back to Topic List      Top of the page