Forums » Backgammon
Fixed dice
Replies: 104   Pages: 7   Most recent reply posted by: OPERATOR (Feb 23, 2012 8:03 AM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 104   Pages: 7   [ Go: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 ]
Vinny

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Apr 27, 2017 11:08 PM
I just finished a game immediately after posting a message under this topic explaining my bewilderment if not total disappointment of having my opponents re-enter on the first try with doubles. Guess what? Yes, it happened again... bizarro.......

Shanks4ever

Re: Fixed dice Posted: May 7, 2017 7:56 AM
The dice are not generated from a very good random number generator. Far too many doubles and stupid perfect throws are generated and the difficulty getting back on is not random.

Everything you note is correct, I suspect somebody else hit the nail on the head, they want lots of people on here playing for a long time for advertising revenue. Novice players would leave quick if miracle wins did not occur and a small amount of experts would be left.

PrinzEugene

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Jul 30, 2017 11:06 AM
Are there CHEAT CODES FOR THIS GAME? DO SOME PLAYERS USE CHEAT CODES?

GameTime9999

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Aug 7, 2017 4:47 PM
What is a cheat code?

GameTime9999

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Aug 8, 2017 3:11 PM
It is amazing with these dice....For awhile all the numbers fall your way, then, forget about it.

GameTime9999

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Aug 10, 2017 10:34 PM
The dice were different when I use to play before....Now the majority of players are not rated very high...Before many players had high ratings....

As anyone who has played many times knows, no matter which moves you choose you at times would still be hit and lead to a loss..

It is still a fun game, but frustrating at times.

roneebee

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Nov 16, 2017 1:48 PM
I have taken probability classes in college and I remember quite a bit! Enough to be suspicious about the dice. Let me explain: yes it is possible to flip a coin 10 times and land on heads 10 times. However, the probability of this happening is 1/2^10, or approximatively 0.1%.

Now the reason why I'm getting very suspicious is that I seem to get runs of several games, more than 10 where I win almost every game. I get dice that seem almost perfect and I keep winning. A couple of days later, I get the exact opposite: loss after loss after loss. I haven't changed strategy or anything. I always seem to get the worst dice.

This is possible but very very unprobable. We're talking less than 1% probability.

Kwill

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Jan 26, 2018 9:52 AM
I don't expect to win against a better player, but like to try and gain experience from it.
Yesterday I had three games with a good lead on pips, decided I was able to run for home. My opponent was was humble with his win and said his luck was almost unbelievable. After my bid to run I was hit with 2 double sixes 2 double 5's and a double 4.
Although this was the extreme it has happened on many occasions.
Yesterday was the same, an opponent with 1 on he bar, me throwing off my throw off left just the 6 point blank.
He entered with a double 6 and threw 2 more consecutive doubles and wiped me out with a final double four.
Hmmm

hnhreno

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Jan 31, 2018 5:50 PM
This has happened to me fairly often as well. When playing for real, I have never seen the kinds of throws that I see here on this site. This leads me to believe that the "random" generator used here is not very good. Or that there is, perhaps an additional "random" factor in the programming which determines which players will win and which not. I like the look of this site but it's game programming leaves a lot to be desired. Other sites don't have the look, but have better programming.

Kwill

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Feb 3, 2018 4:59 PM
I don't believe the dice are fixed, but the random bit seems unstable.
I have just had four games on the trot where I was ahead on pips.
In all four games both opponents threw 4 consecutive doubles two of which were sixes.

ekbül

Re: Fixed dice Posted: May 8, 2018 9:52 PM
In real life 70% of the games are more or less boring, 20% are exciting, 5% are really WOW. And then there are 5% of the games and situations that you feel overwhelmed by coincidence and, whether you win or you loose you have to tell your friends about the other day.
This last category holds for at least 30% of the fly or die backgammon games.
What is the motivation for this “scripted reality”? Is real life not good enough for the virtual generation? Is it not exciting enough for a German or English small town boy to play against Arabs, Turks or Greeks, the inventors of the game.
I am deeply frustrated by these dubious attempts to pimp the game.

Kwill

Re: Fixed dice Posted: May 17, 2018 9:33 PM
The best comment yet

backgammondude

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Jul 5, 2018 7:40 AM
Right you are: There is always a proability: And it is the nature of the game to calculate on that issue. More over there is a great difference in a probability like let´s say 20/36 and 11/36. Why these two probabilities? Because it is the probabitity difference between entering from the bar with 1 open space and 2 open spaces. If you experience yourself in a 20/36 probability situation you calculate with succes 55% of the time. If your rate in entering from the bar in that situation over time - maybe 100-200 observations - 5000 throwes maybe - is only 10% or 20%... either you calculated wrong... or something ELSE is wrong!!

I have made stats on 6-6 twice over 1000 throwes. OK: In the name of the law of big numbers it should be 5000. That´s why I have done it twice! The probability for 6-6 is: 1/36 - which means it should occure 27,7777 - let´s say 28 times in 1000 throwes. Both times the number was over 50!! -And I`m so shure that if some of you made the same stats the same way it will have the same result....

And why is that? It is because 6-6 is the far most voluntile throw, you can observate: Either it is very good - or it is very bad! That means again that in games with 6-6 - or several 6-6! -there is a tendency towards more luck and less calculation. If you want your SITE to have many costumers, so that you can earn more money by selling more expencive commercials, you want the luckthing to be a important feature, because it makes weaker players - there is more weak players/there is less strong players - win more!!

Soooo ... Make some stats and we will talk fact´s instead of this ridiculous discussion!

floyd99

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Jul 18, 2018 5:40 PM
Why would the operator want to fix the dice? Two possibilities which might increase revenue from PAYING subscribers:

1. Allow the PAYORS win with better dice?

2. Design for close exciting games to heighten user interest?

emwe

Re: Fixed dice Posted: Jul 29, 2018 9:56 AM
so schlecht/not good counting. generator creates single game with more than 1000 throws but we play usually less than 100 ... we can't check the generator like you do it.
Try add to your sum another 100 000 throws 6-6 with "real probability =2,78%" (2800). Result? (100+2800/106 000 = 2,83% ?! error? or Big Data? add 1 000 000 => 2,79% !! simply facts about "unlucky" throws.

Replies: 104   Pages: 7   [ Go: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 ]

Back to Topic List      Top of the page