« Back to All Topics
EMBASSY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SNOOKER FOD 2003
Posted in 
Billiards
Posted in 
Billiards
Hello all snookermates. Finally, @ 19 April the Embassy World Championship Snooker starts again in Sheffield. This year, not only the pro's will battle to see who can carry the name as worldchampion for a year, but also we, internet players,have this year a world championship.
It starts the same date as the Real Embassy the 19th April 2003. The tourny has 6 rounds, and each round will be played like the real Embassy. So in round 1 it will be played to a best of 19, round 2 bo 19, round 3 bo 25, round 4 bo 25, semis bo 33 and final a bo 35. In total there are 64 places free. If u want to be part of it, please sent a mail to snookerwcfod@hotmail.com . The tourny is a idea from myself, and i will be running it, some other players are helping also to arrange the games and look after the tourny. Specific rules will follow later. So if your interested, send me a mail with ur laddername, emailadres and maybe ur msn adres. 
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

I hope we can make from this tourny an anual tradition and hope this tourny will be a big succes.

Greetz Bolleke_the_best 
Also when u mail me, add from wich country u are. Also, the fod tourny will take longer than the real tourny, each round will take aprox. 4 days, so the games and frames can be spread about larger amoun of days.

greetz
bolleke ill  join my msn is frenzy@fsmail.net.com k
Hey Bolleke, is there a website we can go to so we can see our standings, and see more infomation, like who we are against, yours ₪ ЯắPŦǑR ₪
that will come, but first we need players to join, 8 in for moment.. greetz
Hi Boll - top idea mate!  Count me in!! I'll see ya round to give details.

catch ya soon mate

HaZe
Very good idea Bolleke :) im in ;)

thanks john 
well hey bolleke, best idea since the last tourney, count me in m8! ;) ,
             ₪ ЯắPŦǑR ₪
count me in bolleke ill play:p
Hey Bolleke...Can girls join this FOD tourney? :) I wanna join (Please lol) If the answer is yes, then count me in too! Thanks! 

London Lady ™

london lady im sure u can play male or female it isnt the issue i think if you are a female or male and have talent u shud play

if ya watch the embassy cup u dont just see nobody players they are all just good players......... i think people want the best players 2 play not just all the males 

mirche was the best female on here along with miss attitude and im sure they wud both easily get in the team i tyhink its 1st people 2 enter n e way 
Thanks Mossy...Well count me in then! :D Should be fun! I'll email u my details Bolleke...Bye!!!
ok london girl ;)

Scotty, whats ur emailadres ??? and nationality ..
bolleke count me in frenzy@fsmail.net scotland. ty m8 

cya around
smith12@blueyonder.co.uk
english
update: @ the moment there are 26 people already registered in the WC snooker. We all hope many wil follow. Txs to Pot we can use his site from upa2 as site where we will set all info and pairings on. (www.upa2.com/snooker) The pairings will be announcent the 17th of April.

bolleke
FineAim-GM-
America
patrickwcook@msn.com

ty boll ;)
bolleke m8 ..........count me in:)

ill give u the details later on in the week

is anybody runnin a book on the outcome coz id like to have a BIG BET on MYSELF;)

Very good idea, 
too bad for me I won't be here till the 21st of april. 
important update!!!

From now on we will contact players with emails, and also trough our page, www.upa2.com/snooker . There u'll eb able to see the pairings and all the info about the tournament. 
Some changes ....
The tourny will have 5 rounds, so 32 people will participate in it, only 2 places are left. Also we will bring down the bo in each round, on demand of many people. The rounds will take now in:
round 1  bo9
round 2  bo15
round 3  bo15
round 4  bo 23
final    bo 25

Also when a game is played both players can msn me or email me the results of the game. Also midgame scores may be sent, so we can put this on the site. Some hints to avoide cheating and fighting are, take screenshots after an amount of frames, ask any of the staff people to come and watch ur game,.... 
Another rule is: 1 DC means 1 loss.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. 
The pairings will be drawn by a virtual tourny made up by us. So no one can accuse us from cheating. 

I hope everyone will enjoy this tourny!!

gl all !! :)

www.upa2.com/snooker
I am wondering if there's enough spaces for me? If there is then I would like to enter as Sonic Boom, nationality Scotland and e-mail address tazz_2003@hotmail.com.
what if a player cant stay...has to go...what happens then..or if players just dont turn up..is there gonna be like timers?? some thinkins gonna be needed
Id like to play also. Im from America
e-mail moss88min@aol.com
Just so you all know now 32 people have joined the pairings are up for round 1 :)

visit www.upa2.com/snooker for more information and to find out who you play ;)

If you do have any questions then please email 1 of us email links are on the site also :p

gl all n plz have fun :)

Pot
I would like to wish good luck to everyone in this tourny. Bad luck for those who didn't got in it :( .

For round 1, you get time untill monday 21st 11 pm uk time. All the games that havent been played will be decided by us. If u have any questions, problems to find player, mail us @ snookerwcfod@hotmail.com , so we can help you.

GL all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.upa2.com/round1
i would like to wish any1 who get Enigma next round very good luck as he has kicked my azz like ive never seen before i mean c'mon!!!!!!!!!! 5-0 thats takin the p!ss :|
GoldenLeaf do you wanna play r games today as ill be very busy up to sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hiya Frenzy...When Ru up for playing? :D 
IMPORTANT update:

Txs to the help of FOD , this tourny has real prices for the best 3 players in it.

-The winner from the WC 2003 gets 4 weeks VIP status.
-The runner-up gets 2 weeks VIP status.
-The third gets 1 week VIP status.

I wish good luck to everyone.

Bolleke_the_best

www.upa2.com/snooker
count me in    matty_p91@hotmail.com
All the places have been taken already I think! Sorry Matt! 
bolleke m8 as this is the officail fod world championship.....

i think the least they can do is give the winner a yrs free subs:p
I think we shud do an Official!!!!!!! flyordie tourny were u can have like 3 week to get in and 64 players in it,,,,now that wud be nice
8ball and snooker or sumthin or seperate ones
Want to give a BIG-UP to da man himself 
bolleke
(
Respect
), for organizing this great 
World Embassy Championship
 tourny. Great win for 
Excentric
 aswell
!
 and hope everyone enjoys the rest of da tournament :) 

PS: Who has 
Haze
 got in the next round?? lol 
j/k
hey Enigma.. i got u next man when u wanna play :|
patrick
Quarters

Excentric
stezz

Mr SkunK      8
FRENZY        1

FineAim-GM-
Enigma

Ray Reardon   3
ENGLISH POWER 0

Hey PAtrick,sory about last night having to go. But i will be able to play tonight if you want sure let us know and we'll finish the quarters in style ;)
Mr Skunk 8, Frenzy 1
Ray Reardon 8,English Power 6
FineAim 8, Enigma 4
Excentric ?, stezz ?
SEMI FINALS!!!!!

The tourny is near his end, and the 4 semi finalists are known. In the first game 
EXCENTRIC
 will play against 
MR SKUNK
 in a 
best of 23
. In the second semi final 
FINE AIM GM
 got 
ENGLISH POWER
 as opponent. We all know that Ray reardon beat English power with 8-6 in the quarters, but due Ray Reardon going on holidays for 2 weeks, English power takes his place with the aproving from Ray. 
I would wish all 4 players very good luck in the Semi's...             
                      BO 23       BO 25

EXCENTRIC-----
                    I----------
      MR SKUNK------           I
                               I------------
      FINE AIM GM---           I
                    I----------
      ENGLISH POWER- 
This is very good idea. I will perticpate.
FINE AIM when do u wanna play rest of r games?
ill be in the rooms friday from 9-30 = 11-30 uk time. 

by the way if anyone wants to know the score of the semis bo23 between me and english is 3-2... to english :( lol
i have spoke 2 fine aim gm and he has told me that he wast 3-10 behind to english power but h got is back 2 9-11 to fine aim but english runs away i dont find this fair how a person who has been knocked out has a chance of winning it i didnt even lose at 2nd round but poeple who lose shudnt be alowed back in it shud be some 1 lik a new person 

allthough i like GaNjA aka UnSwOrN aka english power he has been knocked out he shudnt be still in
thanks for trying to clear it up mossy..
but english was winnign 11-9. not losing..
mossy, it's not ur duty telling how some decisions have to be made. It's Ray's choice to pull back from the tourny due to holidays, so english takes his place. I am sure fien aim prefers  a real good battle against a good player than a forfait an red carpet for the final.... Remember, we are not playing for thousands of £££ , only for 1 thing...
 FUN

Greetz bolleke_the_best
----- shows his true self again :) , dont u wear 2 days same cloths :s, man, u must have big laundry... 

lol , txs mike for this great comment, :)

[Edited by: FORUM MODERATOR on May 3, 2003 12:07 PM]
Interesting to see such a high level of maturity -----. People like you are the reason that people stop playing.

[Edited by: FORUM MODERATOR on May 3, 2003 12:06 PM]
the first finalist is 
FINE AIM GM
. After a stunning game and being 11-3 behind he came back like a real warrior and won all other frames to win this close battle with 11-12 from English Power. English Power has been pulled to the 3rd place play-off.

Congrats 
FINE AIM GM
WHOA MAN THAT must have been annoyn to power to lose like dat.