« Back to All Topics
CLASSIC TO EASY?
Posted in 
Tanx
CLASSIC TO EASY?
Posted in 
Tanx
CLASSIC TO EASY?
Greetings Fellow Tanxers: Classic has become to easy for certain people. High ranks are being obtained by people attacking zero pointers. I see people doing it all the time. People lose points in a battle and run to nearest zero pointer 2 get their points back. I know this is not illegal, but this practice is almost the same as banking points.  I dont know what could be done about this. But I see too many people with high ranks that dont have the skill to match.  Comments please!  Snakebite (aka:the Snake)
I think your right...  I see this happening as well.. I suppose one solution would be.. if there is server space available.... would be to have a Classic battle field for Army Members(subscribers) only....much like the other premium battle fields are now..the Desert, Mars, and Snow are only available to subscribers (unless a user wins the daily ratings lottery) a Classic battle field for Army Members only could eliminate this kind of thing..or reduce it anyway.
good topic SNAKE... it will be interesting to see what others think about this.

ĞĤŌSŢ ŖIDЄŖ ωG
TANX MP

[img=
http://virtualsolarsystem.com/mercury/webwizard/ghostmp.png
]
People with points play only in the classic room because they have a shot at doing the very thing snake's brought up. One of the reasons they avoid the ranked-only rooms is so that they can get points off people trying to just enjoy the game :(
I think we are starting to analyse this game to much ,yes we will always (like everything )find things that get exploited,i just think we should ease off and enjoy this game as much as possible . That is an opinion and not a critisism of this topic.Thanks for the good gaming folks.Keep trying newbies, you will rule one day if you persist.NOT ON MY SHIFT
I think for once GhostRider may be right. FOD should 
scap mars and have a subscibers only classic terrain.
I think this would solve a lot of problems for every one.
It's a combination of things that cause those problems I think.  

A random survey of those with higher points seems to show they have lower ping times to the game server than the rest of us.  A lot of us, when not in a game, can ping the games server and get 80-150ms response times, while those with higher scores have 30-50ms.

This in combination with players who simply go into a room, grab speed, then grab blue or pink... is just ruining the game.

Also, if they're going to get rid of any room it should be snow.  It's nothing but a death trap set by junkies.  Whomever gets the first powerup continues to win over and over.. and it's a useless room.

BTW, to test your ping time to flyordie's gameserver here's what you do:

1) First determine the ip address of the server you're connected to

(while not connected to any other site, service, but tanx)

a) Click START
b) Click RUN
c) Type COMMAND and press ENTER
d) A black screen appears witha prompt
e) Type netstat at the prompt and hit ENTER
f) You will see a list of sites you are connected to like this:
C:\>netstat

Active Connections

Proto  Local Address   Foreign Address       State
  TCP    (You):3581      216.127.92.26:4989    ESTABLISHED

The ip address with the :4989 listed aftewards is the game server that you are connected to.  For most people in the US and Canada, you will see the address above.

2) Next, ping the ip address and see what your response time is

a) at the prompt, type ping (ip address of game server)
and press enter

b) You will then get a screen that looks like this:

C:\>ping 216.127.92.26

Pinging 216.127.92.26 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 216.127.92.26: bytes=32 time=80ms TTL=241
Reply from 216.127.92.26: bytes=32 time=100ms TTL=241
Reply from 216.127.92.26: bytes=32 time=60ms TTL=241
Reply from 216.127.92.26: bytes=32 time=80ms TTL=241

Ping statistics for 216.127.92.26:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 60ms, Maximum =  100ms, Average =  80ms 

c) The numbers with ms(milliseconds) after them will be your ping time... at the end you can see your average ping time listed

d) If you want to monitor your ping throughout a game type: ping -t 216.127.92.26(or your game server's ip address)

e) This will send a continous ping to the server and you can watch that window while you play the game, and see what the ping times are.
I usualy have a high score, my highest being 1202 (Five Star). I always powerup with shield, speed and firepower upgrade. Which is essential! The reason is not because i cant out manouver enemy tanks, but because if you dont some else will. To start with i never used powerups but after getting my tank blasted by people who do, i changed my prespective. I agree with the comment about the snow, like the guy said, "The first person to get the speedup up will always win", not fair. I know there are two speed ups, two shield and two firepower upgrades, but what i do when in the snow is take em all whether i need them or not, missiles and all. Making sure my opponent(s) doesnt get the chance to leaving him absolutely defensless. I dont jump or bank but i find that better players are ganged up on. If you have a high score then its automatic, everyone goes for you making it slightly unfair. Again fire power can help ease you through this trying time. Hahahahahah! Id play anywhere on any terms and not cry about it like most players in here constantly do, just shows a lack of proffesionalism, but from now on if you want a piece of taliban_forces ill be waiting in a sand storm (Desert Room).
thornINyourSIDE i give it to you, you know your PINGS'
First of all The Snake your topic schould read CLASSIC 
TOO
 EASY?:D
Secondly, is it The Snake or Snakebite? I like Snakebite it is more intimidating.:^
I don't mind it when I see other people going after "zero pointers" because I am usually at zero myself. If a player concentrates on "zero pointers" they usualy end up end up getting fired upon and end up loosing more points. If you check out the page on FOD regarding the rating system you will see you will get more points if you kill a player with a 
higher 
ranking than you.:O so it doesn't really pay to go after "zero pionters", go after high ranking players. The high ranking players schould not squak about this because 
if
 they are good they will welcome the challenge.;)
Well maybe I will see you slithering in the grasses of the battle field. Maybe we schould start an army of snakes. Members could pick  names, like Cobra, Rattler, Python, and ect.<==========]:)
I agree with some of the comments you made, also with Kingsnake and the Ghost. I have suggested several times that when a player sets up an operation they schould have the option of having a pass word for others to be able to get in to play, check out my post on page 6 titled  
PASS WORDS?????????
. If you go to that posting you will see all the reasons for having a pass word.
Mr. Bluze B-)
An easier way test latency is to ping using the command prompt on Windows 2000 and up.....or from the MS-Dos prompt on 2000 and lower.

The instructions above do mention the command prompt.  
I have a question. I have read the info on pinging...
i tried it here in a tank room,average time 1033ms . Does that sound possible? I tried another favorite site it was 48 ms.  If so what would affect it so much here, number of users? Didn't think my game turned that sour..who knows?

D.
great topic....nice to see one for a change.....what the#@%^*is a pohatu anyway??  (just kiddn kid....have fun w/it)   one fix for all this is to scrap worrying about points and just play for most kills/room like dem good ol daze.....thx for the ping info....this the only vid game Ive played since pong....I know...it shows....I say let the players kill who they want and get all the points they want.....if yer better, then it's more points for you when you send em whimperin off in search of more low pointers(like yours truly)to gain from....it's the circle of life my friends....enjoy you can't take points with you....peace...(no blood for oil)  ,paix