« Back to All Topics
Remembering the old days
Posted in 
Tanx
Remembering the old days
Posted in 
Tanx
Remembering the old days
Played this game for a few years from 2005-2011. About to graduate college now, truly miss coming home from school and playing tanx for hours on end. Thought I'd share my story in hopes some of the oldies who may stop by at some point will remember me...

I started off as a newb w/ some username I forget. Got sucked into the roa clan by the leader and joined as roa_soccer. In a few weeks time I became a lot better and rose up the ranks to 2nd in command. One day the leader rage quit and left, so I took over. Recruited like crazy and tried to run it the best I could. Started up the ROA Elite division (ROA_A1, etc) to try to compete with the much better clans. But RoA was shot w/ its history, however, it had a good run.

Eventually I wanted to re-brand w/ better quality and created UKC (I was UKC_Commander). I played a few other games and started clans in them, but UKC in tanx will always be one of my favorites if not the favorite. Clan hit 50+ members at some point, wish the website was still up so I could look back at the memories. I forget most of my friends, but the few I remember who stuck by me every step of the way were telekineses, prince and the dude who later became CORPS Strong. I ran UKC for about a year, loved playing against FTW, NBK, UAG, SFT and other clans. The competition was amazing at this time.

After UKC, I started the STRONG clan w/ just a few friends. I remember marine strong, navy strong and corps strong as the original members. I also remember letting brandon join when he was having beef with Xs lmaoo. I forget who he was, I think live strong. I remember absolutely hating Brandon and having beef with him, but eventually we became cool w/ each other.

Eventually I went solo as Explosion for some time, probably my most notable username. I do remember for about 2 months I was able to beat a lot of the best players during the era, including legends like UAG Tornado and Nitro. (A little disappointed I didn't get a shoutout on the remembrance list hahaah its all good tho). I then retired tanx. This is is the first time I'm visiting the website after like 7 years. Loved every minute.

Hope you can post this MODS. Please oldies, post if you were a friend or share any stories, even if you were an "enemy". - You all helped make my childhood.

[Edited by: Goddess. on Mar 13, 2017 1:39 PM]
Totally botched the time frame, it was more like 2006-2009. I also remember being a part of BROS (can't remember if I created that too) and SR (i think). Also shoutout to jason and shawn just remembered you guys as well.