Posted in 
Off-topic
The Third
Posted in 
Off-topic
The Third

Here are a few riddles, 
I Know for sure
 No one will answer all of them, if they do its quite obvious theyve cheated and i wont make anymore games again.

Understood?

1. I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case,
 from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody. 

2. What goes round the house and in the house but never touches the house? 

3. What is it that you can keep after giving it to someone else?

4. What walks all day on its head?

5.	What gets wet when drying?

6.What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?

7. What is round as a dishpan, deep as a tub, and still the oceans couldn't fill it up?

8. There were five men going to church and it started to rain. The four that ran got wet and the one that stood still stayed dry.   How?

9. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What are they? 

10. He who has it doesn't tell it. He who takes it doesn't know it. He who knows it doesn't want it. What is it? 

11. Brothers and sisters have I none but that man's

12. Who spends the day at the window, goes to the table 
for meals and hides at night? 

13. I bind it and it walks. I loose it and it stops.

14. What goes round and round the wood but never goes into the wood? 

15. I went to the city, I stopped there, I never went there, and I came back again. 

16. I have a little house in which I live all alone. It has no doors or windows, and if I want to go out I must break through the wall. 

17. Scarcely was the father in this world when the son could be found sitting on the roof.

18. There are four brothers in this world that were all born together. The first runs and never wearies. The second eats and is never full. The third drinks and is always thirsty. The fourth sings a song that is never good. 

19. A cloud was my mother, the wind is my father, my son
 is the cool stream, and my daughter is the fruit of the
 land. A rainbow is my bed, the earth my final resting place, and I'm the torment of man.

20. Poke your fingers in my eyes and I will open wide my
 jaws. Linen cloth, quills, or paper, my greedy lust devours them all. 

21. What is that which goes with a carriage, comes with a carriage, is of no use to a carriage, and yet the carriage cannot go without it?

22. It stands on one leg with its heart in its head.

23. It's been around for millions of years, but it's no more than a month old. What is it? 

24. A white dove flew down by the castle. Along came a king and picked it up handless, ate it up toothless, and carried it away wingless. 

25. As I went across the bridge, I met a man with a load of wood which was neither straight nor crooked. What kind of wood was it? 

26. What belongs to you but others use it more than you do? 

27. What goes up the chimney down, but can't go down the chimney up?

28. What is  that you will break even when you name it? 

29. What fastens two people yet touches only one?

30. What is it the more you take away the larger it becomes? 

31. I am the beginning of sorrow, and the end of sickness. You cannot express happiness without me, yet I am in the midst of crosses. I am always in risk, yet never in danger. You may find me in the sun, but I am never out of darkness. 

32. What is put on a table, cut, but never eaten? 

33. Who are the two brothers who live on opposite sides of the road yet never see each other? 

34. What holds water yet is full of holes? 

35. Though it is not an ox, it has horns; though it is not an ass, it has a pack-saddle; and wherever it goes it leaves silver behind. What is it? 

36. Lives without a body, hears without ears, speaks without a mouth, to which the air alone gives birth. 

37. A hundred-year-old man and his head one night old.

38. What goes into the water red and comes out black?

39. What goes into the water black and comes out red?

40. When one does not know what it is, then it is something; but when one knows what it is, then it is nothing

41.  There are 100 prisoners in a prison. In the center of the prison is a room with only one entrance. The entire room is isolated from the rest of the prison (i.e. no one can see in). The only thing the room contains is a sole light that can be turned on and off. The warden begins placing a random prisoner in the room each night, and lets them turn the light on or off. He explains to the prisoners that if one of them comes to him, and tells him that all 100 of them have been in the room, he will let them go, but if they are wrong, all the prisoners will be killed for their stupidity. The prisoners are allowed to meet one night and discuss their plan, but they can have no contact from then on out. What plan can guarantee them success?

sorry we cant answer them,cuz if we do we might be called cheats lol ;)
2.  walls
3.  smile
5.  towel
8. He was still in his house
12. sunlight
14. bark
27.  umbrella
30.  hole
32.  deck of cards
Not all your answers are right im afraid

ah well never mind, at least I didn't cheat, lol:)

Theres the sportsmanlike id like to see around here

I think you mean 'sportswomanlike' :) 
1) pencil lead
7) a sieve

right?
cant i just say....

I LOVE JO.X.X.X. ALOT...TY FOR UR TIME :D
nope,

Kalico was rite for that one, it was a deck of cards
actually, u got 4 right, just not going to tell which ones
3.friendship
5.a towel
6.the letter M
10.advice
16.egg
21.the person driving it
34.sponge
*Mr. King some of these are outrageously hard:p

2. sun
9. footprints
19. rain
29. wedding ring
34. sponge ( my dear old mum told me that one)
 One in the coffin, four bearers.

The moon.

An umbrella. Or Mary Poppins.

A wedding ring.

A red hot poker

A lobster

A riddle
Ooops. Looks like 
kalico
 got 29 already. Sorry.

The letter S

I afraid not all match my answer page.

Sorry

Just Get number 41 right and youll be the best scholar ive ever met ;)
But your all getting closer to finish by the way ;)
and no 41
As the prison warden is placing one prisoner into the room every night all that the prisoners have to do is count 100nights in a row guaranteeing that on the 100th night the 100th prisoner will be placed into the room, it doesn't matter which prisoner goes into the room as long as the prisoners count the nights off one at a time to themselves. All the prisoners have to do is count! 
Kalico

nice try!, but that riddle is still unsolved.
lol told you no one for sure will answer all of them.

I was thinking that all the prisoners actually  meet in the room.
Simple

however your answer doesnt seem too bad

dragon king, just one thing, if this riddle has not been solved then how do you know if some one has got the answer right,especially as you don't know the answer yourself:)  lol
6. "m"
The rest later cause I have to go

I know the 41.. but.. I cheated so.. I'll not say it [img=
http://www.alesta.it/bebe.gif
]
but he said no one knows it.....

so reveal blue...

GO AHEAD ! :) 
Each time a prisoner is put into this special cell, he must do something to prove he was there - and he must do this only once (even if he is randomly chosen more than once).  What that proof is - the prisoners agree on that during their once allowed meeting; the proof could be a scratch on the wall, a fingernail left in a certain spot, a mark of some kind on the floor,etc. They have a light in the room so the light could be the reference point as to where to leave the proof.  Each night, the randomly chosen prisoner will count the proof left and when 100 is attained, he gets to tell the warden that all 100 prisoners have been in the cell - they all go free!!

from 
http://www.justriddlesandmore.com/riddlesolved.html
nicely found, but noone solved it so nobody gets the title

read the title of the page.

seemingly unsolvable riddles

so dont start.