« Back to All Topics
UK Snooker Championship 2013
Posted in 
Off-topic
Posted in 
Off-topic
Tournament has started, who do you think will win?  What does everyone think of the new schedule, set-up etc?

ThUnDeR
Senior FlyOrDie Moderator
It's hard to say really Lewis, the standard of play this year so far has been a little poor, however, normally this does get better as the tournament goes on. So far, from what I have seen, Mark Allen could go pretty far, however, with O'Sullivan possibly in good form and full with confidence, you never know, we could be in for a shocker this year, along with a few major upsets. 

I am not too sure if the new format is for the best, players seem to be getting distracted too easy, I think that this effects how players play and their overall performance. 

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

Kind Regards,
Sullivan88
I like the mixture of professionals and amateurs, I watched Ronnie play that young Scottish lad and like you say I could imagine Ronnie was full of confidence after the 6-0 1st Round win.  The layout of the rooms are particularly interesting, 4 tables in the main room with no "covering walls" is proving quite challenging for a lot of players, getting easily distracted etc, so I think we will have a few upsets on the cards!

My money is on Mark Selby this year.

ThUnDeR
Senior FlyOrDie Moderator