Forums » Offtopic
The Football Chillout 2005/2006 Season : News, Results, Gossip N Much More
Replies: 1,223   Pages: 82   Most recent reply posted by: henry 14 (Aug 9, 2005 5:56 PM)
Welcome, Guest
Login
Guest Settings
 Reply to this Topic  Post New Topic  Search Forum

Back to Topic List

Replies: 1,223   Pages: 82   [ Go: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 82  » ]
henry 14

The Football Chillout 2005/2006 Season : News, Results, Gossip N Much More Posted: Aug 9, 2005 5:56 PM
i thought it would be a great idea to have this topic for this season. people can talk about or view the results as they happen. and also to talk about the season ahead and hopefully will always have something to talk about when there are posts you would rather not take part in so here goes......

to start things off where do you people think owen will go? my bets on united..newcastle or machester i just dont know!

henry 14

Re: The Football Chillout 2005/2006 Season : News, Results, Gossip N Much More Posted: Aug 9, 2005 6:20 PM
Manchester United V Debrecen

i say 2-0 united

semi-toe-bakflip

Re: The Football Chillout 2005/2006 Season : News, Results, Gossip N Much More Posted: Aug 9, 2005 6:59 PM
Man U 4-0 Debrecen

rooney 2
ji sung
nistelrooy

semi-toe-bakflip

Re: The Football Chillout 2005/2006 Season : News, Results, Gossip N Much More Posted: Aug 9, 2005 7:13 PM
1-0 rooney

henry 14

Re: The Football Chillout 2005/2006 Season : News, Results, Gossip N Much More Posted: Aug 9, 2005 8:01 PM
i said 2-0 ty going to plan so far

henry 14

Re: The Football Chillout 2005/2006 Season : News, Results, Gossip N Much More Posted: Aug 9, 2005 8:11 PM
2-0 wot a goal by van da man ty

semi-toe-bakflip

Re: The Football Chillout 2005/2006 Season : News, Results, Gossip N Much More Posted: Aug 9, 2005 8:11 PM
2-0 nistelrooy

so is mine

henry 14

Re: The Football Chillout 2005/2006 Season : News, Results, Gossip N Much More Posted: Aug 9, 2005 8:13 PM
got there before u babe

semi-toe-bakflip

Re: The Football Chillout 2005/2006 Season : News, Results, Gossip N Much More Posted: Aug 9, 2005 8:25 PM
3-0 np

Killer Kebab

Re: The Football Chillout 2005/2006 Season : News, Results, Gossip N Much M Posted: Aug 9, 2005 11:06 PM
I got a feeling Owen will go back to Liverpool. Dunno what makes me say it but thats what I think

smackamcracka

Re: The Football Chillout 2005/2006 Season : News, Results, Gossip N Much More Posted: Aug 9, 2005 11:08 PM
Ah, a decent thread from Henry

As for the season, I think Chelsea will win the title by a point from United. Arsenal will struggle without Vieira and possibly be challenging Liverpool and Spurs for 3rd. Everton will be top half but not really challenging for Europe as much as last season. Bolton and Middlesbrough will be around the European places come May.

Now for the main event of the season (in my opinion anyway ) - the relegation battle! There are many clubs that could find themselves struggling. The obvious ones are the 3 promoted clubs, Sunderland, Wigan and West Ham. As a Sunderland fan, I'll comment on my own club in a separate post.

Wigan are complete newbies to the top flight and aren't really under much pressure to stay up. They are financially secure and wouldn't suffer too much from relegation compared to team's like Sunderland would who are heavily in debt. They have brought in a few signings and have a good manager in Paul Jewell. I think they will go down but not without a fight.

West Ham. Lots of pundits are saying they have the best chance of staying up from the teams that were promoted - utter b*****cks in my opinion. They came 6th last season and rightly so. They scraped their way through the play-offs and now they think they are the best team in the Premiership. Their manager Alan Pardew said himself he "thought his squad were on par with the top 3". He needs to see a doctor. They have signed Roy Caroll, a dodgy keeper at best from what I saw of him at United. Add to this the signings of players such as Gabbidon and Konchesky and I don't really see a team capable of winning the Championship, never mind staying up in the Premiership. They are linked with big players but the signings never come off. For example the fans all thought they were getting Baros - he wouldn't join Lyon cos he thought they weren't good enough and they're in the Champions League! I have plenty more to say about Wet Sham but I'll save it for a rainy day. (Rant over)

West Brom are bound to be in the mix again after their escape last season and I think they could go down. They haven't really strengthened the squad much and don't look like doing so. Pompey are going to struggle as they've lost key players such as Berger and Yakubu. Fulham have never looked like a solid Premiership package and will always have relegation on their minds. The surprise team for me this season will be Newcastle. They are a rapidly sinking ship and will be playing Arsenal on Saturday with only one availible striker, Michael Chopra! And they think they'll make top 6! Newcastle's problem is they have an awful manager and players who are not dedicated to the club.

A long post but hope it doesn't bore everyone!

smackamcracka

Re: The Football Chillout 2005/2006 Season : News, Results, Gossip N Much More Posted: Aug 9, 2005 11:16 PM
Owen I think will move to United, be it this summer or in January. Newcastle are not in Europe and have yet to realise they're not one of the top 4 teams in England anymore.

As I said above (for those that bothered to read ) I would do a separate post on my beloved Sunderland and here it is.

We won the Championship by 7 points last year and that should mean we're better than 2 clubs this season already (18 points ahead of West Ham!). We have strengthened a lot over the summer, bringing in a new keeper Kelvin Davis who I think could stake a serious claim for a place in next year's World Cup squad (Robert Green did after all). We have signed Jon Stead who made a big impact when he first arrived in the Premiership but was poor last season. I think Mick McCarthy is the man to get him firing again alongside Stephen Elliot, who is one for the future. Andy Gray from Sheff Utd looks set to arrive this week who could come in handy. We signed Tommy Miller who was important for Ipswich last season and deserved to be promoted with them. Our defence was a worry but the signing of Alan Stubbs who played most games last season for Everton has eased that. Anthony Le Tallec has come in on loan and he is sure to want to impress Rafa Benitez back in Liverpool. I can see us finishing anywhere from a pleasing 17th to an amazing 11th.

Bring on the new season

smackamcracka

Re: The Football Chillout 2005/2006 Season : News, Results, Gossip N Much More Posted: Aug 9, 2005 11:17 PM
I forgot to say, post your own views on your favourite club!

XLiLKiMX

Re: The Football Chillout 2005/2006 Season : News, Results, Gossip N Much More Posted: Aug 10, 2005 9:10 AM
u better than 2 teams, west ham nd wigan so tht makes u gona finish, 18th? or are u goin for a new record low points nd number of games lost in a row nd least number of games won in a season, the list is just endless

henry 14

Re: The Football Chillout 2005/2006 Season : News, Results, Gossip N Much More Posted: Aug 10, 2005 9:28 AM
man united will finish as champions and will go far in the cl i say this because chelsea will not have the form they had last season just because of the way they played against arsenal over the weekend. had it not been for two lucky moments in the match arsenal would have outplayed, outclassed and beat em.

i mean where was robben all match? people now take chelsea as the superpower of the permiership. But are they really? not in my opinion theyre not.

this is how the top half of the table will look in my opinion

1. Man Utd
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. Newcastle Utd
7. Portsmouth
8. Middlesborogh
9. Blackburn
10. Sunderland

Replies: 1,223   Pages: 82   [ Go: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 82  » ]