« Back to All Topics
How do you handle stress?
Posted in 
Off-topic
Posted in 
Off-topic
Well, I've got four HUGE tests coming up next week (one on Wednesday, three on Friday) and I'm going nuts trying to study for them all (each test covers about 120+ pages of textbook material). I have actually, for the first time in my life, begun studying a week in advance but it all seems so overwhelming. So I was wondering two things:

First, how do all of you handle stress?

And second, how do you relax and de-stress?
>First, how do all of you handle stress?

Beer

>And second, how do you relax and de-stress?

Beer

Seriously, I always tell myself before a test that it's too late to learn an entire course, so just chill out and read the stuff a few times over to refresh your memory of what you have learnt. If you are lucky the questions will be relevent, and you'll have read enough to get a fair or better result. Tests only seem bad because the pressure is there to do well, but if you sit back, take a moment and chill, you'll realise that you can only do better without panic.
just calm down. now wat i usually do is listen to water (rain, shower, watever.) it may make u go to the bathroom but it calms u down. second, lie in bed and just read or think deep. third, drink away. lol.
Coming from somebody still in school (getting my masters) here is some friendly adivise :)  DO NOT CRAM :p

Seriously though, if you worry yourself the night before your tests, you're just going to stress yourself.  The key to studying is to prepare yourself ahead of time so you only have to read over your material.

Good Luck Rain :)
anyone got any tips for dealing with stress in genral???,boy,i need them:p
Listen to bob marley, and take all your stree and anger out on the covenant in Halo 2 :D.
i tend to throw my mouse across the room at a wall, resulting in the order of a new one online a few minutes later, it costs money but its worth it.
Thanks for the advice guys. I think my bio test tomorrow will turn out fine, since I’ve been studying it all weekend. Hope my other tests will get equally good results.

Rain
Thanks Beppe and peter! I think I did pretty well on the  bio test ... :)  
good luck on all of ur tests rain. i know how difficult they can be. just wait till sat's start.
lol watergrl, I've already taken the SAT's so many times...but mostly subject tests.
i havent taken them yet. but ill have to pretty soon. wish me luck.
i handle stress by punching things and yelling at people not the best way.i calm down by smoking cigs and drinking.
hmmm..interesting..ill do the drinkin but not the smoking. i handle stress by listneing to water sounds and rock music.
I find that listening to laughter or light conversation is a good stress reliever. Drinking (lemonade) calms me down too.
thats true. really. i have anxiety and when i get panic attacks i listen to my mother and grandmother talking. it really relaxes me.
I find that performing or giving a speech is way harder than taking a test. lol.
omg i hate having to present projects in front of class. wenever i do, i freeze up, shake, and blush. sum guys think its cute but i dont like it.
Well group projects are much easier, but then I feel like I need to do more than the other members of my group.
group projects sux wen u have a stupid and loud person. i had to be partners with this one chick in a 4 person group and she pushed my limits so far that i started yellin at her and i once backhanded her. the ironic thing though is that she was one of my old friends so it didnt bother me one bit. i told her to act smart for a change and start helpin on the project. we got an A+.
i ment to say grl in the common way ch i ck.
I’d have to say, girls made far better partners than guys. I’ve worked with the same lab group in chemistry class for 2 years (all girls) and we’ve always finished our labs before everyone else, gotten the highest grades, and set a higher standard for the class. Now when I look back at two groups (all guys) in the back, they’re always chatting away about the latest video game, their girlfriends, or some other weird topic. No wonder they always finish last and with a failing grade as well. Lol.
well thats true. lol. ive been there done that.
so you'd rather be in a class full of girls rain? lmao
id rather be in a class full of guys. lol. so rain has a right too. lol
its not that bad with girls bloody but with guys its different.
umm..you should know what it means power. Deprived means a lack of something or something that's taken away from you (in this case..female presence :D).
ohhhh! lol. that was harsh. lol. im sry, but that was too good. lol
lol power has nothing to say now :D
be nice. it was wrong of me to laf bu ti culdnt help it. lol
lol. I'd say power deserved it :D
lol. well i would too but im tryin to be a nicer person. lol. 
i found punching a wall helps:p
If i'm stressed i have a joint :)
lol. dope. well rain took his tests and did good. 
Well I'm stress free for a week at least...then more SAT's. 
Good luck on your finals bloody. :)
what was that rain? im deprived of female presence?lol and bloody plz hush  ur the one deprived love. how many fella's ya got on here now? i think in the real world ud be called a 4 letter word beginning with S. rain plz hush dont talk to me like that son.
i have nothing to say lmao i aint looked at this topic since last time i posted in it.
How pathetic. Rain, you say a childish comment about Power, and act as if you have just beaten him in a stupid competition. 

And for someone who chases Bloodyannoyinggrl around these forums, your far from a position to throw rocks at other people.

And bloodywatergrl, Rain, and chillo, please stop acting like the Hardy boys. Your are not "the popular kids everybody wants to be". Just take a seat will you?!

what was that rain? im deprived of female presence?lol and bloody plz hush ur the one deprived love. how many fella's ya got on here now? i think in the real world ud be called a 4 letter word beginning with S. rain plz hush dont talk to me like that son.

huh? what are you talking about? that was newkiee
Rain, I beleive he was reffering to your post, above newkies. Use your loaf.
Good luck on your finals bloody. 

What’s wrong with that? 
Oh, Beppe, with so much stress around, you`ll get lots of beer and that will gets you fat.

Veriac, careful with that B`-bat, to not hit someone`s head....

Now, bloody, you`re a stress factor, which you love it. Open your eyes, maybe you`ll be able to "open your mind" too...

UK Hardy? Eh, tipical for Brits: harms the walls and stuff...

Whiteghost3, that`s self-distructiv.

Flash, don`t pay attention to stupid things, you`re nice just as you are.

Rain, school is important, I hope you`ll be able to learn something, forget the stress, you`re to young for that.

Mr. Myiagi, how do you say that "stfu" in Chinesse?

>>huh? what are you talking about? that was newkiee

if ya check your posts rain you'll see you were commenting on me. newkie i dont know who is was on about but im sure it werent about me.
at the top of page 3, you and bloody think you've got one over...
How to cope with stress?..er..well,When someone says "have a nice day", tell them you have other plans..  and dont forget to pay ur electric bill in pennies :p

I like to laugh, especially with my friends. That usually helps my stress, if I ever have any.
U dont have any Friends or Stress Rebel?..kiddin..u would be a minor miracle if u had no stress..but we all do..nevermind we over over it lol..
chinsys upsy u lotsy..no more stress ok lol..
Sheesh, doctor, you`re stressed already!