SKY HD TV : Your Views.
Posted in 
Off-topic
Posted in 
Off-topic
Anyone thinking about getting it?

£300 initial cost plus £10 monthly seems a bit much to get the world cup in crystal clear quality 
I seen it advertised but cant see how it will be better to be honest, i mean its not like its a game were graphics are improved all the time, 

Right? :p 

Guess ill answer my own question...

WHAT BENEFITS WILL HDTV DELIVER?
· HDTV offers a step change in picture quality, delivering a home viewing experience similar to that offered in cinemas. 

· Viewers will see greater depth and tone of colours and textures. The improved clarity of HDTV broadcasts will bring an even greater sense of excitement and drama to a wide range of programme genres. 

· HDTV can provide more than four times more data on a display screen than a Standard Definition broadcast. This is because of the increased picture resolution that HD broadcasts deliver and HD display devices will be able to receive. 

· Pictures are delivered in widescreen format.

Lookin goood :p
Do you have an HD TV? If not, don't bother :p

Sounds expensive - over here I just need to buy a digital cable box for about £100 to activate HD, and the monthly cost stays the same. If you have the money, sounds like an idea, but I don't think it will enhance your viewing pleasure by that much - don't HD TVs have simulated HD modes anyway?
Yes but 16:9 ratio with millions apon millions of pixels and also will enable moving the camera angle to suit you.

it will also have 500x better sound quality than analogue.
If you have a 16:9 HDTV, £300 + £10/month spare, AND feel the need, then what are you waiting for? Yes it will be better. Do you need it? No - for a true World Cup 2006 atmosphere you are gonna head down the Rub-A-Dub for some Uri Gellas with the lads.
Yup that is the reason i'm going to wait for the price to come down in a year or so like the price of DVD players came down :)
Whats the point in 500x better sound quality when our ears probably arn't good enough to hear the difference. 
It must be better hara otherwise they wouldnt bring it out, if ya kno what i mean :p
Obviously.. if it's 500x better :|