Posted in 
Off-topic
TUCSON CARL PASSED AWAY
Posted in 
Off-topic
TUCSON CARL PASSED AWAY
I wanted to start this as a brief memorial to TUCSON CARL,
a good man and a dedicated Mod at Fod.
Please contribute your well wishes and memories here to share with all.
There is another topic here if you want to start from the beginning.

Rose

[img=
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l88/rose_princessoffire/TC.jpg
]

This is the Carl I knew:

He was a wonderful man with one son. 
He dedicated his life to working with the challenged.
He thought of all the kids as his own. 
I remember the happiness as he told me of them.
At the end he was ill from smoking too long.  
Though he was only 40, it caught up with him. 
When we talked, I could hear the dificulty in his breathing and struggle to talk. 
I could also hear the familiar breathing treatment sound
I've known him for many years online, having met him here at FOD.
He was kind, giving and so caring.
You couldn't of ask for a better man.  He loved people and life and we loved him back.

Now he's without ills, I can only say,  
God, 
I know he's in your hands now, let him know he will be missed by many. 
Amen

[img=
http://mud.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/146300868
]

[Edited by: SunDown on Oct 8, 2006 10:39 AM]

[Edited by: SunDown on Oct 9, 2006 1:50 AM]
A beautiful tribute Rose.. thank you for sharing the Carl you knew with us all.  I'll remember him for the smiles and gentle teasing.. and the way he laughed at even the my dumbest jokes.  His kindness will never be forgotten.

I wish you Peace Carl.. you truly deserve it and more.

Kite
i never knew him. i never saw him, but to know that a moderator as dedicated as him to pass away, in his 40's if i understand right, is a tragedy to  flyordie and all of it's members. i hope more moderators will be like him, and i hope to, one day, become one myself, and be as dedicated to this site as he was. i will pray for ur family carl, u r in a better place now. goodbye...
I'm sorry to hear this about Carl, it's such a sad thing when you hear somebody has died. Carl was a very loyal and polite player and moderator to the game!

Best wishes to both Madmedic's and Carl's family. 

And for everybody who is trying to Bank a Moderator position from this I think the space should be left in memory to Carl.

Just my thoughts
All Starz

P.S Yes i made a new name not to ban evade but to make my comment on this, so ban this account please. Thanks!
The death of a friend
I try to be brave
But I can't stop the tears
When I visit His grave
Can He be replaced
I don't see how
He was my buddy
He was my pal
I am lonely at home
I am lonely at school
I miss my friend
He was so cool
I go to the park
I try to play ball
But is's not the same
Not at all
My minds a mess
My minds a haze
Lonely nights
And lonely days
I want my friend
I want Him back
The death of a friend
He's not coming back.
      Carl was a kind,gentle,and soft spoken man.He was filled with compassion for others and always tried to help others and make sure everyone was happy...He also had a mischevious and playful side as well...We had some really fun times and some very dear and meaningful talks..Carl will always be in my heart...
              I would like to offer this prayer:

Jesus,receive Carl into your arms,Cradle him in your love..Comfort the hearts of his family and friends and bring them peace and consolation..May Carl live forever with you in heaven. Amen.

[img=
http://heavenboundgb.worthyofpraise.org/8377/12526.jpg
]

Beautiful sentiments Andy, I know your hurting being as close as you was to Carl. I prayed so hard, but it was God's will.  Hold close to your family, you will need one another to get passed this.
Carl was well loved as you can see. 
I'm still praying for you and yours and Carls family, especially his young son.  He missed him so much.
One day I can share with you some things me and Carl shared, for he wasn't just a mod to me, he was my best friend too!
Rose
[img=
http://shop.com.edgesuite.net/ccimg.catalogcity.com/210000/213600/213670/products/6345400.jpg
]
GOD BLESS CARL NEVER SPOKE TO YOU PERSONALY BUT HAVE SEEN YOU IN FODS WILL BE MISSED IM SURE BY SO MANY
i give all my respects to Carl

may he rest in peace.
ONE OF GOD'S CREATIONS WHO WASN'T WITH US NEAR LONG ENUOGH... WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU AND YOU WILL BE MISSED.

REST IN PEACE MY FRIEND

Our condolences go out to the family of  TUCSON CARL

from ℓįℓ_ζųτέ_đє√įℓ and ℓįℓ_ζųτέ_Ǻŋģέℓand family

It stalks the night
It stalks the day

It seeks out life
And whisks it away

It's known as death
And other things too
But it's all the same
What matters is you.

How do you see it?
What does it mean?
It's best if you know
For death is unseen.

It can take you at day
It can take you at night
Knowing death well
Can lend you some light

The passage to death
Is always unclear
And it's best to know
That you're very near.

For death is at hand
It is for us all
Know it's face well
So you don't stumble and fall

Now think hard on death
And know that it's near
And the meaning of life
Will be all to clear

And that is to live
For your hearts desire
Not to stumble or fall
But to burn with a fire.

A fire for life
To live for each day
To reach for your dreams
No matter what people say

Life is a question
And death holds a clue
Reach not for the answer
For your life's not due

Live for the moment
And die for it too
For it's the moment that counts
It, and you

Now I'm all done
I've said what I'll say
Just remember one thing
Live for each day 

carl.. you're a nice bud.
god bless you.
Rest in Peace.

i dont have any pictures so i'll post a picture of myself.
[IMG]
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a375/mexicanboy1/ich2.jpg
/IMG]

see you buddy :(..

i hope his family is doing good
Sad news. Knew Carl well from past leagues, I pray he rests in peace. 

My thoughts are with his family. 

MadMedic - Best wishes mate, I can only imagine how you feel right now. 
I remember the first day i met Carl in person , after knowing him for 3 years online and finally being able to meet him was so amazing. He was so happy that he was shaking when we hugged. Everytime i was at my worst he was right there for me , he has such a big heart. Whenever he would give me a hug i felt so safe. I wont be able to see his smile or get teased by him and get annoyed with him when he nagged for the millionth time for another glass of tea .who he was online was the same as in person ,and you cant say that to often about ppl you meet online .thank you my sweetest frenchfry for touching all our lives , you were always loved more than you could ever imagine.i hope your looking down on us and smiling that wonderful smile .. 
For those of u who don't know , carl was my uncle . I'm gonna miss talking to him and laughing at his lame jokes. Making Fun of him and coming up behind him and scaring him just to hear him scream "Don't Do That". He was my fav. uncle and I miss him sooo much. I Love u Forever Uncle Carl!!! 

♥тąż♥

For those who want to leave pics of flowers or cards, you do it this way:

[ img = insert url or http:  ] <no spaces

such as:

http://mud.mm-a7.yimg.com/image/2488174886

see below

[img=
http://mud.mm-a7.yimg.com/image/2488174886.jpg
]
I m very sad...one true mod my heart is with you carl. you were the best mod! you were the only mod who had understood me you sided with me and were fair. But who cares about flyordie it would be a shame to remember him for what he did on flyordie. Carl was a great man in real life and a hero and i knew him also. He was my friend;\

Charm, Grace, Class,
Kobe
I loved Carl with my whole heart and will always feel that way.  I knew Carl in a way that not many have.  Typing these words are probably one of the hardest things I have ever done.  I have many regrets when it comes to my relationship with him.  To his son, when you read this, I loved your dad and would have been proud to have him by my side. May you live with the values that I know he intended for you.  Please know, just how he loved you and never forget. He was the kind of a man whom I would have done anything for and if I could turn back time...

To those of you who may speculate about our relationship and the way I felt about him, you may do just that.  Carl and I are the only ones who could possibly know eachother's hearts and nobody else could even begin to understand.

I send my prayers to your loved ones Carl.
Life is so unpredictable!

In reply to Diamonds, so many times we say things we don't mean to another, only to have to live with regret for doing so.

But knowing Carl as the person I did, and seeing that others shared the same views, tells me no matter what was left unfinished, he was a very forgiving man.

According to statistics, most men don't share their feelings, but Carl was a one of a kind!

He wasn't afraid to share his, especially when he was worried or frightened.(his tender emotional side that is a plus for any man)

I never new till I was ill how so it was. He was so happy I survived my illness. This was a genuine feeling from him, not idle chat.

When he made friends, it was meant to last a lifetime, and they did.

We are all so blessed to have known Carl. 

Just remember, though some may not express their their feelings in words, but there is defiently a somber silence within their hearts.

Rose
everyone please take 3 min of your time and listen to this tune in  memory of CARL    
http://www.freewebs.com/lilcutedevil/amazing.mp3
 I ONLY MET CARL A FEW TIMES ON FOD BUT WAS ALWAYS IMPRESSED WITH HIS KINDNESS AND EASY MANNER. HE SEEMED A JOVIAL PERSON AND ENJOYED LIFE AND AS HIS PASSING BRINGS A TRUE SORROW TO MANY IM SURE IF HE WERE HERE HE WOULD SAY DONT BE SAD DONT GRIEVE FOR ME YET SELABRATE MY LIFE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND BE JOYOUS AS I WOULD BE . CARL YOU WILL TRULY BE MISSED.

My sympathies go out to all of Carl's
family and friends in this difficult time.

I must be honest, I really did not know Carl..
I only saw brief glimpses of him when in the games,
and the occasional note from him in the massive 
numbers of moderator e-mail we see come in 
every week..

There is a story I will put here that relates to
the mod mail... 
that I now feel compelled to mention..
I mention it because now I feel bad about it..

Some time ago.. 
a e-mail message was circulating and found 
it's way into the mod. mail system
saying that Carl was not ill at all,  in fact, 
it said he was in jail for some unknown reason...
we all know how rumors fly around here... and I, 
thinking lightly about it...replied with some off-the-
wall remark saying that it would be difficult to
moderate at FlyOrDie if your in prison..
or words to that effect.
Obviously...it was indeed a rumor...
and a cruel one at that..

Well guess who's feeling like the fool now..
yours truly..
A weak attempt at humor that hurt the feelings of 
some of the people I am friends with...Carls friends..

My apologies to them for that as well...
especially SunDown...whom I admire and respect.
it was a stupid attempt at humor at the wrong time..

I would also like to thank our Friends at FlyOrDie for
their kind gesture as well here for this sad time.

If one looks at the FlyOrDie home page...they will see
that the Dragon at the top is blacked out..
and has been made into a link pointing to this very topic..
(this was pointed out to me by Nikki aka Devilish
thank you Nikki for pointing that out..)

I think it's a nice gesture that is appreciated by
many.

Farewell Carl..

GHOST MP
THANK YOU GHOST FOR YOUR POST, FOR AWHILE NOW RUMORS OF CARL WERE FLYING AROUND, SAD HOW THE RUMORS WERE STARTED BY CRUEL, HEARTLESS PEOPLE WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO. I WISH IT DID NOT HAVE TO COME TO HIS PASSING AWAY TO END THEM. CARL WAS A GREAT PERSON, HE WAS LOVED BY MY KIDS LIKE HE WAS ALWAYS A PART OF MY FAMILY. ITS BEEN HARD FOR THEM THESE LAST FEW MONTHS, AND HARDER FOR THEM WHEN THEY HEAR THE RUMORS HERE AT FOD. MY KIDS NO LONGER LIKE TO PLAY HERE BECAUSE OF THEM. HOPE THAT THE PEOPLE WHO STARTED THEM LEARN SOMETHING AND REALIZE WHAT KIND OF DAMAGE THEY CAN DO TO INNOCENT CHILDREN.
Yes, Well mad medic thats why you need to learn to ignore idiots who make rumors and dont give them any attention...Because thats what they want;\

Charm, Grace, Class,
Kobe
CARL  RIP M8 
A GENTLEMAN AN A FRIEND TO ALL WHO KNEW HIM, ESP EVERY ONE ON FOD.
I FOR ONE KNEW HIM FOR WHAT SEEMS 3YRS OR SO BUT WAS IN FACT MUCH MUCH A SHORTER TIME SPAN.

SINCRE CONDOLANCES TO HIS FAMILY AND RELATIVES

TC M8  MAY THE LOBBY UP IN HEAVEN BE MORE PEACFUL NOW YOU ARE AROUND IN IT 

YR FRIEND  GRANT 
Thank you Ghost.  

I've known you a long time now and I have always supported each team member regardless of the situation at hand; and in doing so I earned the term 'naive'.  I will remain so!

With Carl, we met way back when, I think it was 2002, at the time he was just a player and we become friends.

But this last year since he was appointed as a mod we grew closer.

I've learned to listen to people, most are lonely as was Carl at one time.

We become close friends finding a common ground, we both had bad backs.

Carl told me the reason he became a Mod here was because I showed him what good he could do.

My heart was touched for a lifetime.

Then I even managed to talk him into writing a poem. He couldn't resist trying at least. So I am honored to have his poem as a keepsake from him.

He wrote about how worried he was about his best friend being so ill, saying how worried he was he may never get to tell me.

Then he expressed his happiness at my return.
I want to share these lines with you:

But the good lord gave my friend back to me 

His love spreads and covers us all like leaves on a tree

A thought all of us should ponder, learn to treat all with kindness from the heart.

We don't know what tomorrow will bring.

I'll never forget Carl, he is forever in my heart.

**Thank you Flyordie for the kind tribute to Carl, I noticed the black dragon and strip over the name in his honor.

God bless all.

Rose

Nice for you Moderators to share your thoughts, I used to play with most of you in the leagues and I got to know Carl quite a bit. 

Maybe we could have a site like a Guestbook where the players can sign it about Carl and his very loyal friend Madmedic who I also knew from the leagues.

If we could do that then that would be a nice tribute to Carl and his friends.

~Λℓℓ §тαяz
He never mentioned you to me Taz, but since he's your uncle, You have my deepest sympathy on your loss.
Did you live nearby him and his parents?
R.I.P carl mate, never have much time for mods in general but always had a kinda respect for you, you were a good, fair mod, much missed. Take it easy up there m8.
And remember, as you once said to me, "every man looks good in a stetson" 

Dave.
JFYI

I'm hoping to get this whole memorial of memories printed in the Tucson Arizona paper where Carls family and Friends lived. 
Here's the link to a paper in his town.

http://www.tucson.com/classified/

if case you prefer to do a personal ad for Carl.

Rose/SunDown

{* Daniel, please remove link if it interferes with business intrest, wasn't meant in an improper way}

Rose/SunDown
Unlike most i never knew Carl all that well so my memories of him are twofold one he never entered a room withou saying hi and the second one i am sad to say was that he only played me once and beat me badly so look out up there he is not bad at pool.

Condolences to his family he was a nice guy.

Boss 22

Bryan
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We have just received very strong evidences that Carl is alive.
We are terribly sorry for misleading you, we have all been subject of wilful deception ourselves.

God bless you.

OP