Hole In 1 - Luck or Skill
Posted in 
Off-topic
Posted in 
Off-topic
is a hole in 1 in golf luck or skill???

pearsonally i think its luck as you see some professionals who have never got one yet some amateurs who have 1. yet you need skill to get the ball near to the hole in the first place

so what you all think:D?
I guess you're bored...

A mate of mine has had a hole in one before and he's not good, so definately luck.
It's a little bit of both;technically, it isn't about luck but more about how much power you put into the drive and the angle from which you do so. I would say it is skill of knowing where it would land.
Interesting... :)

Personally I think skill helps to a certain extent, aiming as close to the hole and hitting the green is the skill part, rest is luck. If it was just skill I think it would imply that someone who is 'skilled enough' could do it everytime... :p
ye theres definitely a balance of both luck and skill. To land it on the green and within bout 10 feet of the green is done by many class players and from there they often get a birdie or eagle. But for the ball to actually go in relies on a fair bit of luck.... could be affected by weather conditions and perhaps accidental spin on the ball. Keep it up with these pointless posts btw, enjoying them :D
baz  hi m8   my dear departed father  had a total of 3 holes in one.  he could not hit far  but boy did he hit straight
hey gee :)

thats interesting to hear about how he maybe didnt hit that far, but can hit straight and get one.

cool :D
Did anyone hear of the hole in one that happened the other day? It was on the news but I didn't see it in detail, according to the news it went in without bouncing ;)